Jump to content

Colin Cowherd bashes O's fans for Tex boo's


isestrex

Recommended Posts

Based on the times I've listened to his show, it's not hard to conclude that Colin Cowherd will say whatever his media consultants tell him to say.

Think of him as a broadcast version of the kind of spineless internet troll who'll say anything just to stir the pot. Like the famous criticism of Los Angeles, when it come to Colin Cowherd, there's no there, there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media doesn't understand because they didnt bother to look into it. Wasn't it widely discussed that the Teixeira camp told McPhail they would get the last crack to match an offer? Wasn't there a quote from McPhail (I can't find it) that said he couldn't get Boras to call him back after the initial offer?

If you tell one team they'll get a final crack and then they can't even get you to call them back they should feel used. Then you come out and say you were just waiting for the Yankees all along, people are going to be angry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with Cowherd saying whatever he has to say. The mere fact that someone on a national level is talking about the Baltimore Orioles, and their fans, means that we are relevant. As far as the use of the word "hate," he's just nit-picking for something to create discussion and playing to the power structure that keeps him employed. The common use of the term "hate" is not what Webster would have had in mind. (Perhaps, he should review the term "hater" as well as I don't see it listed as a word.)

It may be a business for Tex and Boras, but for Baltimore Oriole fans it is a lifelong love....a passion passed from generation to generation. We are proud of our tradition and we take you for your word. When you are a native son, and you slap us in the face...you get what he got yesterday. Now stop crying Yankee fans...and Yankee butt-kissing media. Tex isn't publicly crying about it. I'm sure it wasn't enjoyable for him, and I'm sure it probably hurts him to hear the boos, but what did the media expect? Tex knew he would have been the hometown hero if he came here. He also knew what signing with the Yankees would mean to Orioles fans. He made his choice.

I hope Tex falls flat on his face every year of his mega buck contract, but I don't truly hate him. I do hope he regrets every disingenuine warm and fuzzy comment he made about wanting to come back and play for the O's. And what in the world is he trying to say when he says, "...in a perfect world...I'd be playing for the Orioles?" What??? Don't try making nice with us...you burned that bridge and we're mad as hell! :angryfire:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm tired of Orioles fans acting like victims. Like people are supposed to feel sorry for us or something.

We were never seriously on Tex's radar. Why do people love to overlook that and act like we had a shot at signing him in the first place?

That's the point. We weren't, but Tex allowed us to think we were. And now we're being told by Cowherd and Rosenthal that we're wrong for booing him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the point. We weren't, but Tex allowed us to think we were.

Right. I don't fault him for signing with whoever he wanted to sign with. I think it's a little bizarre for somebody who was supposedly an O's fan as a kid to do it, but I also think it's bizarre for an O's fan-kid to wear a MFY hat to O's games. So, all in all, I think the fan-dimension of Mr. Tex is bizarre. But I agree he can sign with whoever he wants.

What deserves booing is the way that he sanctioned a strategy of using his hometown team as a pawn in his megabuck signing game. Had he come out early on and simply said that his priorities did not include the O's, given their current state, then I would have no hard feelings toward the guy. I would think he was a weird kid with his MFY cap, but I wouldn't hold that against him. As it is, he intentionally attempted to play the O's as pawns. The only good news is that AM recognized it for what it was, so he didn't get played like a fiddle, unlike the dopes from BOS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the fact that I dont have to ever watch ESPN. I have the NFL network for my football and now we have MLB network for baseball.

This is just another example of why I dont watch that POS of a network.

Here, here! The MLB Network's show with Harold Reynolds and Al Leiter is way better than anything that ESPN does, and it's not as Yankee/Red Sox centric.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cowherd is such a moron. That's all I have to say.

How classy are New York fans? Aren't these the same buffoons that booed Jeter? Rivera? ARod? Aren't these the same buffoons that threw BATTERIES, BASEBALLS, BEER on the field because of a perfect call regarding ARod slapping the ball out of Arroyo's hand?

New York fans are classless. And so is Cowherd. I love all the backlash he's getting. Just another disillusioned, idiotic sportscaster that knows nothing.

Furthermore, I hate everyone that gets their panties in a bind when people use the word "hate" regarding players. Rivalry is good for baseball. These people aren't going out there and throwing rocks at the man or trying to burn his family. Just remember, we have a lot of uptight people on this forum as well. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

right. I don't fault him for signing with whoever he wanted to sign with. I think it's a little bizarre for somebody who was supposedly an o's fan as a kid to do it, but i also think it's bizarre for an o's fan-kid to wear a mfy hat to o's games. So, all in all, i think the fan-dimension of mr. Tex is bizarre. But i agree he can sign with whoever he wants.

What deserves booing is the way that he sanctioned a strategy of using his hometown team as a pawn in his megabuck signing game. Had he come out early on and simply said that his priorities did not include the o's, given their current state, then i would have no hard feelings toward the guy. I would think he was a weird kid with his mfy cap, but i wouldn't hold that against him. As it is, he intentionally attempted to play the o's as pawns. The only good news is that am recognized it for what it was, so he didn't get played like a fiddle, unlike the dopes from bos.

Right on rshack!

A lot of posters here swallowed that crap about "it would be a dream come true to play for my hometown team"....

This guy is one rung above Bonds on my scale of &holes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm tired of Orioles fans acting like victims. Like people are supposed to feel sorry for us or something.

We were never seriously on Tex's radar. Why do people love to overlook that and act like we had a shot at signing him in the first place?

So that explains why the Orioles one offer fell short of those from the Nationals, Red Sox, and Angels.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who cares what this guy says anyhow? If he had a lick of sense he'd understand that people are using the word "hate" in the sports-rivalry sense and not in some sort of "we're gonna get that guy..." way.

And who in the world of sports journalism doesn't recognize that the biggest names in any game are going to get their fair share of boos? These superstars are adequately compensated, I think, to endure boos, banners, nasty online diatribes, blah blah blah.

99% of the people who say "I hate Tex!" really mean "I hate what Tex did!" (the other 1% are sociopaths). This is just another mountain made from a molehill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who cares what this guy says anyhow? If he had a lick of sense he'd understand that people are using the word "hate" in the sports-rivalry sense and not in some sort of "we're gonna get that guy..." way.

And who in the world of sports journalism doesn't recognize that the biggest names in any game are going to get their fair share of boos? These superstars are adequately compensated, I think, to endure boos, banners, nasty online diatribes, blah blah blah.

99% of the people who say "I hate Tex!" really mean "I hate what Tex did!" (the other 1% are sociopaths). This is just another mountain made from a molehill.

Seriously. Cowherd is being a literal ass. I suppose he thinks "Tex sucks!" is meant to say that Tex literally makes a sucking motion with his mouth. He's just stirring up something to talk about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously. Cowherd is being a literal ass. I suppose he thinks "Tex sucks!" is meant to say that Tex literally makes a sucking motion with his mouth. He's just stirring up something to talk about.

This reminds me of a time I was at an O's-Yankees game chanting "Yankees suck" with a group of friends. The usher came over and sheepishly informed us that we can't say that because the word suck could be "taken out of context and be seen as offensive".

So we alternated between "Mosquitos suck" and "Vacuum cleaners suck" for the next two innings to prove our point.:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...