Per MASN: Bowie roster

stef

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a lot of high quality bats there.

Which goes to show how unbalanced our system is. Hopefully we can get some more bats in this next draft that will be close to ML ready. I'm surprised Miclat isn't in Bowie, though he'll probably be there soon enough...

Which goes to show how unbalanced our system is. Hopefully we can get some more bats in this next draft that will be close to ML ready. I'm surprised Miclat isn't in Bowie, though he'll probably be there soon enough...

He's starting in Delmarva, so I doubt he makes it there by the end of the season.

Miclat isn't in Frederick either according to the other post in the minors forum.

He's starting in Delmarva, so I doubt he makes it there by the end of the season.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the Bowie comment came from. Miclat's 21 years old and a decent prospect...he's not Hanley Ramirez. And he has all of 72 professional ABs (in short season ball). I'd be very happy if he played well enough at Delmarva to get some PT at Frederick down the stretch.

In his first full season, Miclat belongs in Delmarva for at least the first half/two-thirds of the season. Then he can go unseat Pedro Florimon/Jason White at short in Frederick. But Bowie, 2010 at the earliest. He'll be 22 then, still 2-3 years younger than the average player in that league.

Here's the official roster. Omissions from Bowie's preseason roster handed to the media include Zach Clark and Steve Torrealba. Gerardo Casadiego was not listed previously. He is on the disabled list.

2009 Baysox

Pitchers

# Name Throws

34 Arrieta, Jake Right

10 Berken, Jason Right

35 Gerardo Casadiego Right

40 Deza, Fredy Right

23 Erbe, Brandon Right

12 Hoey, Jim Right

31 Keefer, Ryan Right

14 Livingston, Ryan Left

20 Patton, Troy Left

44 Perez, Wilfido Left

38 Perrault, Josh Right

39 Rodriguez, Ryan Left

41 Thall, Chad Left

Catchers

# Name Bats

16 Donachie, Adam Right

7 Rodriguez, Guillermo Right

Infielders

# Name Bats

15 Abreu, Miguel Right

3 Dorta, Melvin Right

4 Figueroa, Paco Right

29 Snyder, Brandon Right

6 Tucker, Jonathan Right

2 Valido, Robert Right

Outfielders

# Name Bats

27 Concepcion, Ambiorix Right

5 Figueroa, Daniel Right

25 Fiorentino, Jeff Left

13 Krynzel, Dave Right

Bold indicates player is on disabled list.

Wow, Fiorentino at AA...

Maybe what happened to Montanez when he bumped back down from Norfolk last year will happen to Fio this year. But let's face it, if he is ever going to be a major leaguer, it's going to be somewhere else at this point. And everyone knows how much I liked Fio back in 2004-06.

Here's the official roster. Omissions from Bowie's preseason roster handed to the media include Zach Clark and Steve Torrealba. Gerardo Casadiego was not listed previously. He is on the disabled list.

2009 Baysox

Pitchers

# Name Throws

34 Arrieta, Jake Right

10 Berken, Jason Right

35 Gerardo Casadiego Right

40 Deza, Fredy Right

23 Erbe, Brandon Right

12 Hoey, Jim Right

31 Keefer, Ryan Right

14 Livingston, Ryan Left

20 Patton, Troy Left

44 Perez, Wilfido Left

38 Perrault, Josh Right

39 Rodriguez, Ryan Left

41 Thall, Chad Left

Catchers

# Name Bats

16 Donachie, Adam Right

7 Rodriguez, Guillermo Right

Infielders

# Name Bats

15 Abreu, Miguel Right

3 Dorta, Melvin Right

4 Figueroa, Paco Right

29 Snyder, Brandon Right

6 Tucker, Jonathan Right

2 Valido, Robert Right

Outfielders

# Name Bats

27 Concepcion, Ambiorix Right

5 Figueroa, Daniel Right

25 Fiorentino, Jeff Left

13 Krynzel, Dave Right

Bold indicates player is on disabled list.

Is anybody hinting whether Snyder will be at 3b or 1b? Or a combination of the two?

Is anybody hinting whether Snyder will be at 3b or 1b? Or a combination of the two?

Brad Komminsk told me that he's going to be playing first base but he'll "get a couple reps there late." He said don't look for that to happen for a while, however.

Brad Komminsk told me that he's going to be playing first base but he'll "get a couple reps there late." He said don't look for that to happen for a while, however.

Thanks for that.

It sure would be nice if he could play a solid third. If he keeps up the hitting tear he has been on though, his bat will play at first. I think the power will come.

Hey if we get Beltre in the offseason it won't matter!

Archived