Per MASN: Bowie roster

stef

It's pretty obvious that the Orioles consider Snyder a 1st baseman from everything I've heard and seen.

How much do you think we over drafted Snyder in 2005? Was he more resonably a 2nd rounder if we had it to do over?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty obvious that the Orioles consider Snyder a 1st baseman from everything I've heard and seen.

Hey, we need one of those too. Thanks for letting me/us know. I think I knew that but was hoping that tit would somehow not be true and he would impress at third. Wishful thinking....

Bring on Beltre.

How much do you think we over drafted Snyder in 2005? Was he more resonably a 2nd rounder if we had it to do over?

I know you weren't asking me but in my opinion any first rounder that ends up as a regular at the MLB level isn't an overdraft. He may never be a star but he is showing that he just might be able to be a regular.

To me, an over draft is when a guy just never makes it and really never shows any chance of making it.

Hindsight is 20/20 though and we may have wanted someone else now but that could be said of MOST draft picks. Not everybody is a star and not all the stars come in the first round.

I don't think you can really do that. When Jordan drafted him, he had every intention of him staying behind the plate, but even if he didn't, he thought he had enough of a bat to make it in the big leagues.

You can always go back and nitpick on guys, and I'm sure there were better picks later in the draft than Snyder when you look at it now, but the book is far from closed on Snyder and his bat continues to improve. If he adds 10 home runs to his numbers from last year people will start talking about as a top prospect again in my opinion.

Archived