DCAB updates

tywright

Even if he cost us 3$M+?

D'Cab actually pitched fairly well today... only 2 BBs, 1 WP, and 1 HBP.. the 94 MPH fastball was nice to see... guess he dropped the 2-seamer with movement for the standard 4-seamer. But, I'm still glad he is gone... today was about as best as you could hope he could pitch and he still could have easily put up 4-6 BBs with all those 3-1/3-2 counts.

I liked that the Nat's announcers were happy that D'Cab was pitching up and in to the Marlins hitters to brush them back... but, I don't think they knew D'Cab wasn't doing it intentionally :laughlol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he kept his streak of striking out in every MLB at-bat alive.

He's such a horrible fit for the NL - just an all around poor athlete. He can't field at all, and bunting is more of an NL staple, so his weakness will be even more exposed. And he can't do anything at all with the bat.

And he kept his streak of striking out in every MLB at-bat alive.

He's such a horrible fit for the NL - just an all around poor athlete. He can't field at all, and bunting is more of an NL staple, so his weakness will be even more exposed. And he can't do anything at all with the bat.

He'll learn.

He had by far the best performance of any Nats starter this season.

And yes, I wish he hadn't been cut too.

I still think we should have kept him, but I wouldn't expect him to be anything more than a #4 or #5 starter. I'd rather have Danny back a $3M for one year and no commitment after that than the collection of guys we have who aren't name Jeremy Guthrie (including over Koji, I'd rather have Cabrera for 1/$3M than Koji for 2/$10M).

He'll learn.

He had by far the best performance of any Nats starter this season.

And yes, I wish he hadn't been cut too.

I would've kept him too, but there is little chance he's ever anything but the worst hitting pitcher in all of baseball with the bat. He hasn't ever learned or improved his fielding, despite putting a ton of effort to do so, effort and work-ethic has never been his problem. He likely won't be able to make improvements with his hitting either. I doubt he'll ever even be able to bunt remotely consistently.

But the rest of that isn't good.

In a way, I hope the guy turns things around because he seemed like a good guy. On the other hand, I'm glad his struggles no longer will hurt the O's.

Oh I agree, just surprised that there is 5 runs on 7hits and 2BB really. Other than his 4 run inning, he must have done well.

3 singles, a double and a HBP (didn't think about that part) in the 5th.

Wild pitch in the third too.

Translate the 6IP, 5ER to the American League and it's the same old DC. Any time you start wondering why the Orioles are taking such a conservative approach with their pitching prospects, look at Daniel Cabrera.

What's the record? Anybody know?

I don't know, they don't allow my database on my work computer anymore. But he has to be close if he doesn't hole it. The record for all hitless at bats in a season is 72, if I recall correctly. Almost no chance he gets 72 at bats.

Also, mark me down in the "don't care he's gone" column.

Translate the 6IP, 5ER to the American League and it's the same old DC. Any time you start wondering why the Orioles are taking such a conservative approach with their pitching prospects, look at Daniel Cabrera.

Brian Matusz was a more polished, complete pitcher at 17 than Daniel Cabrera is now.

Archived