DCAB updates

tywright

I was looking through scores today and saw Cabrera made his first start for the nats and see he was cruising with 1 run going into the 5th then the gates opened with 4 in the 5th. I hated last years Daniel and could not stand him walking people but im sorry i would still take him over Eaton or Hendrickson. hitting 94 not bad

I am sorry for Daniel. I want him to be successful with the Nats. But I take Eaton and Hendrickson over Daniel. Because I expect to see Hill and Bergy come up to take the rotation spots. IMO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was looking through scores today and saw Cabrera made his first start for the nats and see he was cruising with 1 run going into the 5th then the gates opened with 4 in the 5th. I hated last years Daniel and could not stand him walking people but im sorry i would still take him over Eaton or Hendrickson. hitting 94 not bad

Will you take Cabrera over Bergeson or the others that will be up later this season. Eaton and Hendrickson are temporary placeholders.

If you're talking in absolute terms, maybe...just maybe, I'd agree with you. But the wider ramifications that could result from Uehara having success and enjoying his time in Baltimore are much more significant. I'm hoping he's just the first of many Asian-born players to make their way to the Orioles' roster going forward.

I am hoping more Asian players make it to the O's too. I will take Koji over Daniel anytime.

I think that some manager or pitching coach somewhere is eventually going to figure out that Daniel Cabrera could be a good to above average middle reliever.

So far he's had...

Managers = Lee Mazzilli, Sam Perlozzo, Dave Trembley, Manny Acta

Pitching Coaches = Ray Miller, Leo Mazzone, Rick Kranitz, Randy St Claire

Granted the managers have a very short resume, but the pitching coaches have a very long resume.

BTW - the last 3 years (2006, 2007, 2008), his 1st inning of work, opponents have an OPS+ of 107, 88, 180

I am sorry for Daniel. I want him to be successful with the Nats. But I take Eaton and Hendrickson over Daniel. Because I expect to see Hill and Bergy come up to take the rotation spots. IMO

Cabrera was better in the AL than Eaton was in the NL.

And it's not really $3 million. It's that minus whatever are crappy replacement starters cost.

And he kept his streak of striking out in every MLB at-bat alive.

He's such a horrible fit for the NL - just an all around poor athlete. He can't field at all, and bunting is more of an NL staple, so his weakness will be even more exposed. And he can't do anything at all with the bat.

There are few times in sports when you can see actual fear in a player. DCab at the plate is one of those times. I very rarely wish good things on DC Sports teams, but I would not mind seeing DCab do well. He was frustrating to watch as an O's fan but I could never find fault with his effort and willingness to stay in the game and save the BP. We have had more than a few who would look in the dugout for relief when things were going bad.

Translate the 6IP, 5ER to the American League and it's the same old DC. Any time you start wondering why the Orioles are taking such a conservative approach with their pitching prospects, look at Daniel Cabrera.

yeah, cause if D-Cab had spent 5 years in the minors he would be a solid ace now! :rolleyes:

I like how Daniel's now wearing #45, which I assume is a tribute to his baseball idol Pedro Martinez.

If he's wearing #50 next season, we'll know he's on some kind of "raise my number by five every season from now on" kick! :D

Archived