Your 2009 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

I liked when he was talking about how when a player does bad they go to the minors, but when an ump does bad, he just gets on the plane and goes to the next city.

Good ol' Jim...

Yes ,this was Cakes at his very best, and when Cakes speaks, people listen.:scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was an awesome, timely quote.

Two outs, bottom of the 9th of the biggest comeback in O's history and he pulled out a stat about a guy who was picked about 650th (Bay) against a guy who spent 4 years in the independent leagues (Sherrill).

Great stuff.

I thought he and Thorne did a good job with their rant on Manny Ramirez last night. They were saying how everyone is celebrating Manny's return and how that was stupid. Palmer went on to say that Manny was a cheater and that he is convinced he has been using PEDs all along. He made a good point - He basically said you can't convince me that Manny just started using them this year after having one of the best stretches in baseball history during the second half of last year. Why would he feel the need to use them after what he did last year? He said he feels he has been cheating all along.

It was classic Palmer being as candid as ever.

Ok - Here is another one for you. Thorne opens up the 5th inning with a summary of what is going on in the game that makes absolutely no sense at all. Palmer just stares at him and doesn't say a word with a look on his face that says what everyone else is thinking, "Thorne - have you lost your mind?" Anyway, after a few seconds, Palmer says "Are we live?" " I thought we were having a Bert Blyleven moment." Which is a reference to this classic moment in broadcasting history. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-L__AN3xqM - WARNING not appropriate for all ages..

Ok - Here is another one for you. Thorne opens up the 5th inning with a summary of what is going on in the game that makes absolutely no sense at all. Palmer just stares at him and doesn't say a word with a look on his face that says what everyone else is thinking, "Thorne - have you lost your mind?" Anyway, after a few seconds, Palmer says "Are we live?" " I thought we were having a Bert Blyleven moment." Which is a reference to this classic moment in broadcasting history. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-L__AN3xqM - WARNING not appropriate for all ages..

My dear lord that's funny.

Palmer was cracking me up, just staring at Thorne like, "What the scratch are you talking about, you boob?" I was laying here cracking up and the dog was looking at me like, "What are you laughing at, you boob?"

My dear lord that's funny.

Palmer was cracking me up, just staring at Thorne like, "What the scratch are you talking about, you boob?" I was laying here cracking up and the dog was looking at me like, "What are you laughing at, you boob?"

I was laughing too. It was classic Palmer. Thorne was trying to be clever and Palmer was calling him out for being a douche. I love it when the two of them call games together. They are really building a chemistry together.

7-4-09

After Andino ran out an infield hit, Palmer looking at the replay:

"Yeah if you don't hustle this ball out, you're out by a mile and tie goes to the runner [replay reaches the point where Andino is just touching first base]... at least today"

Archived