Your 2009 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

Guest afichter-OH

Gary Thorne can be just as hilarious as Palmer...but the difference is, he tries. And he's not successful in his attempts, which is why it's funny. I laugh at him, not with him.

Lastnight, they cut to a shot of some young fans trying their hands at pitching at a booth on the concourse as the inning ended. Thorne was like "Striiiikkkeee" very emphatically. I thought it was funny. He was obviously trying too hard.

He and Palmer are quite the tag team.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest afichter-OH

Does anyone sense a riff between Palmer and Thorne, or do you think they get along and enjoy working together? Sometimes I get the feeling Palmer talks down to Thorne alot. But I guess that's just how he is in general.

Does anyone sense a riff between Palmer and Thorne, or do you think they get along and enjoy working together? Sometimes I get the feeling Palmer talks down to Thorne alot. But I guess that's just how he is in general.

No, I think they get along well and they have great chemistry together. You can tell Thorne really likes to work with Palmer, as he's constantly laughing and enjoys getting Palmer all riled up. It makes for a wonderful broadcast. I get a sense that Palmer dislikes Jim Hunter a bit though, as their broadcast is usually awkward and tense.

This has been my favorite OH thread to date. You just got to love Jim Palmer.

No, I think they get along well and they have great chemistry together. You can tell Thorne really likes to work with Palmer, as he's constantly laughing and enjoys getting Palmer all riled up. It makes for a wonderful broadcast. I get a sense that Palmer dislikes Jim Hunter a bit though, as their broadcast is usually awkward and tense.

This has been my favorite OH thread to date. You just got to love Jim Palmer.

O, there is definitely chemistry between those two, and not just on Jim's side but Thorne's too. Its become obvious by the look at all these posts that thier chemistry is genuine and special. Thorne is a *****ley pear to work with, it seems funny, I wouldnt have guessed at that happening.

Thats the funny part, he does talk down to him, but its part of thier comradre, like when a good friend busts your chops.

I am shocked no one has mentioned the fondling of potpourri comment in the middle innings last night. I wish I could quote it but it went something along the lines of....

Palmer: You just have to fondle it a little

Thorne: The potpourri right?

I am shocked no one has mentioned the fondling of potpourri comment in the middle innings last night. I wish I could quote it but it went something along the lines of....

Palmer: You just have to fondle it a little

Thorne: The potpourri right?

GT: "Do you have to fertilize potpourri?"

JP: "Well, I don't."

GT: "It's natural, a little water?"

JP: "Well you gotta rough it up once in a while. You know, come in, fondle it, move it around a little bit."

GT: "Potpourri?"

JP: "Yeah..."

GT: "Do you have to fertilize potpourri?"

JP: "Well' date=' I don't."

GT: "It's natural, a little water?"

JP: "Well you gotta rough it up once in a while. You know, come in, fondle it, move it around a little bit."

GT: "Potpourri?"

JP: "Yeah..."[/quote']

I couldn't get the bunt down. Thanks for picking me up.

What was the context of that????

I am not sure if it started at the end of the 5th or during the commercial break, but that was the first topic of discussion in the top of the 6th. No idea what prompted it, but they came back to it in the 9th I think, saying it was too early to "plant potpourri" which I thought was dried flowers, not something that was actually grown!

I am not sure if it started at the end of the 5th or during the commercial break' date=' but that was the first topic of discussion in the top of the 6th. No idea what prompted it, but they came back to it in the 9th I think, saying it was too early to "plant potpourri" which I thought was dried flowers, not something that was actually grown![/quote']

Potpourri are dead plants. Thats what make it hilarious....what a pair. Of course its consists of dried up flowers and wood shavings......too much.

Archived