Thought Trembley Wanted To Extend Pitchers?

GnatsFan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a one time thing, I got too heated and was way out of line. I admit it was wrong and has no place here.

You and others do it on a daily basis in a subtle way. Big difference.

Wow. For someone who just got drawn back into the board, you have an amazingly strong opinion on the posting habits of different posters and an amazingly strong desire to only discuss those habits.

If you can't take someone disagreeing with you, then why are you even here?

Gee, I didn't realize that we can't both be happy in the short term yet worried about the long term.

Thanks for clearing that up for all of us.

I wasn't clearing that up for everyone, just for me. But thanks for thinking big.

The worry for the long term shouldn't be the use of the pen, but the quality of the start. The pen last year, at least in my humble estimation, was worn out due to starters unable to get to the fifth inning so often, not because they were used to preserve a lead after a quality start.

-Don

Do some of you actually have the ability to formulate your own opinions or do you just go through life letting others dictate the way you think and feel?

I mean it is amazing to me that people are getting upset because, on a baseball message board, people are discussing managerial moves...Of course that is going to happen.

So, here is what I suggest...Either go away until the offseason, don't read the threads to begin with or if you are going to comment, let us know why you agree or disagree...Talk about baseball..That's why we are here.

Per Roch's Blog:

-Hendrickson

Whats the problem with trembley Pulling him here?

I personally have had no issues with how Dave has handled the pitchers thus far. The Pie decision tonight is the only bone headed decision he has made thus far IMO.

I don't have an issue with people expressing why they have had issue with it though.

Per Roch's Blog:

-Hendrickson

Whats the problem with trembley Pulling him here?

See, that's a different story. If the pitcher can't go any more, they can't go any more.

Hopefully this doesn't keep up, though. We really, REALLY need to hope that or else our bullpen will be shot and it won't be good even when we start seeing our young guys come up.

I don't understand. Does winning negate poor managerial decisions? Does criticism of a decision mean no one is enjoying the win? There aren't two black and white sides of this. It's possible to notice fault in a manager's style while also supporting the team and enjoying the ride.

Does Terry Francona or Charlie Manuel make it through a season without fans, media, or even players questioning the calls once in a while? Everyone focusing on the good things while blissfully ignoring the faults causes the complacency needed to breed 10+ years of losing. While I'm definitely not ready to throw in the towel on Trembley, and I even agree with his removal of Hendrickson tonight, he shouldn't be immune from criticism just because we won the game.

Do some of you actually have the ability to formulate your own opinions or do you just go through life letting others dictate the way you think and feel?

I mean it is amazing to me that people are getting upset because, on a baseball message board, people are discussing managerial moves...Of course that is going to happen.

So, here is what I suggest...Either go away until the offseason, don't read the threads to begin with or if you are going to comment, let us know why you agree or disagree...Talk about baseball..That's why we are here.

I don't know about others in the thread, but I was including my opinions. And I do think it is easy to second guess. That is an opinion.

For me, I had not had time to catch up on the board this week and was surprised with the number of unhappy campers is all. Like I said, it must really be bleak on the boards during a 1-3 or 0-4 run.

Part of the baseball discussion seems like it would include fan reaction to fan reaction i.e., folks that always end up as pro or con on most decisions by the manager or GM.

-Don (seems to save most of his negative vibes for ownership)

While I'm definitely not ready to throw in the towel on Trembley, and I even agree with his removal of Hendrickson tonight, he shouldn't be immune from criticism just because we won the game.

I didn't see that particular claim anywhere, that DT should be immune to critique. Catching up on a week of posts, I was simply blown away by nearly every move getting some grief in some form or another. Not all by the same people, just a an overall pile of second guessing I hadn't witnessed since my days of being on talk radio.

However, dropping the armchair quarterback shoe out there is only for those it fits.

-Don

Of course. On a very regular basis, we remind you that you're bullying manner is not gonna dictate the way we think and feel ;-)

Of course. On a very regular basis, we remind you that you're bullying manner is not gonna dictate the way we think and feel ;-)

You know, whenever you two get into a pissing match I'm reminded of a movie quote:

"You and I are very much alike. Archeology is our religion, yet we have both fallen from the pure faith. Our methods have not differed as much as you pretend. I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light."

"Now you're getting nasty."

Only, I don't know who's who...

You know, whenever you two get into a pissing match I'm reminded of a movie quote:

Only, I don't know who's who...

I understand your point. And you do have a point. I just get so sick of the bullying BS that I fall into bad habits.

Archived