8/22 vs HOUSTON

eddie83

Just now, Dunk35 said:

Burnes just being outpitched. By Spencer Arighetti

The last time he started and gave up 8 runs I would agree with you. Tonight, giving up 2 runs so far isn't being "outpitched". Our lineup has no capability to hit off of a league average MLB pitcher having a decent night. None.

It's been true for years: we are a mistake hitting team. If their pitcher is throwing competitive pitches, mostly strikes, good velo, a little movement or a little deception, we have no chance. Other teams that go to the playoffs and win championships find ways to hit off of those pitchers. We cannot.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Mullins gets an occasional HR and yes, is a fine defender, but he simply isnt a very good hitter any more..and hasn't been all season...we need an alternative next year...Cowser is back in another strikeout slump...

Go out and find a LF or CF in FA or trade. LF has to cover ton of ground. 

Just now, allquixotic said:

Look at the stats after the All Star Break. Like I said, it's as if they trained for an 81 game season.

Yeah I was being sarcastic because they’re clearly an issue. They just suck right now. 

• Upvote 1