9/4 going for the sweep against the White Sox

ShoelesJoe

Positives about this game.

Gunnar had 3 hits and a HR.  He seems to be back to his old self. 

Soto had another scoreless outing.  10 in a row now?

Where were all these whiny fans in 2018-2021?  Where you guys even following the O's?  I think the low point for me was the middle of a 19 game losing streak.  I think it was in 2021.  And now people want to lose their minds when we lose 1 game to a bad team.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

This is a weak team, good record or not, it is highly unlikely We will have to worry about a game three starter.

There is a take that makes sense.  Weak team with a good record.  You can’t fix stupid.

The Os offense struggles when whatever the gameplan is does not pan out. Cannot adjust for some reason.  To be clear yesterday the White Sox effectively gave the game to the Os.  Whatever offensive stupor they are in continues. 

Edited by Pat Kelly
  • Upvote 1

How long does it take before a good team playing badly becomes a bad team? That’s a philosophical question, but I hope that every member of the Orioles thinks about it tonight as they ponder this wretched loss.
It is a fool to think this team will win anything in the playoffs. If we’re not the first team bumped, it will be because of the schedule.

I’m not being hyperbolic, when you look around for changes in the fundamental play, you don’t really see any. And this isn’t entirely on Hyde, but one of his problems is that he has no idea how to evaluate pitching, and when it’s obvious that your starter is bad and you have an off day tomorrow pull him and let somebody else pitch. You lose four to one instead of six to one, but at least it’s still a smart thing to do.

1 minute ago, Pat Kelly said:

The Os offense struggles when whatever the gameplan is does not pan out. Cannot adjust for some reason.  To be clear yesterday the White Sox effectively gave the game to the Os.  Whatever offensive stupor they are in continues. 

True. If not for that drunken pop up play, it’s a much closer game and we’re talking about 2 straight games where did nothing on offense (again). 

Could make a strong case for this being one of the worst losses of the season, although it won't feel that way after winning the last 3.  But to get completely dominated by the worst team in MLB history the day after reclaiming first place from the Yankees is just not a good look.  This is a game they had to have if they are serious about winning the division.  Uninspiring effort. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, dtk9119 said:

Complete and utter embarrassment losing to this team. Not just losing but getting blown out. Every time you think this team has turned a corner...

No corners will be turned this year. This is a consistently inconsistent team. It's a classic .500 team. They could reach the WS because the entire AL is weak this year, but they would probably be swept by the Dodgers.