O's early guess at a playoff roster for first series...

EERinthe804

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Weird that they’d purposely exclude Suarez from the playoff roster. I mean why???

Not saying they will do this, but what role would he have if Kremer is starting game 3? 

Note, they choose new rosters every series I believe, so he could still be added back for the ALDS. 

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Not early, but I'll take a guess. If I remember correctly, you can change your roster after each series, so this is my guess for the 3 game wildcard series.

C-Adley, McCann

IF-Mountcastle, O'hearn, Westburg, Henderson, Urias, Holliday, Rivera

OF-Cowser, Mullins, Santander, Slater, Kjerstad

SP-Burnes, Efflin, Kremer

RP-Dominguez, Cano, Soto, Perez, Coloumbe, Akin, Webb, Bowman, Suarez or Povich (if Suarez goes long today, I think he gets left off the wildcard roster)

Yeah, seems like the position players are the current 14. Only question is who gets that last spot. Given KC's best hitters are the RHB's Witt and Salvy, I would bet on Bowman as the last guy as RHP with .615 OPS vs RHB.

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Not saying they will do this, but what role would he have if Kremer is starting game 3? 

Note, they choose new rosters every series I believe, so he could still be added back for the ALDS. 

If any of the 3 SP struggle he can come in and get outs better than most in the bullpen. 

Expect to see McCann catch two of these three games in the WC round. Is it crazy to suggest that with Adley’s 2nd half steuggles, the O’s might field a better lineup with JM behind the plate and Adley DHing or coming off the bench?

I pinched myself as I typed this but I think that’s a reasonable argument right now. 

5 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Lined up for game one of division series ( if it's not Kremer )

Yeah I guess that’s the logic. I get that Povich starting Game 1 in Yankee Stadium is suboptimal, I just hope that not having Suarez in the first round doesn’t cost us. 

1 hour ago, Warehouse said:

Looks like Suarez will be the odd man out.

I have been on vacation and just watching games and not reading much the last week. Has there been any explanation as to why they burned Suarez today and didn’t save him for the bullpen? Seems stupid to me. 

4 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Expect to see McCann catch two of these three games in the WC round. Is it crazy to suggest that with Adley’s 2nd half steuggles, the O’s might field a better lineup with JM behind the plate and Adley DHing or coming off the bench?

I pinched myself as I typed this but I think that’s a reasonable argument right now. 

I agree, though I'd rather see Kjerstad or even Rivera DH over Adley at this point.