9/19 - Zach Eflin vs. Logan Webb

Just Regular

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Its on the umpires to call the pitch correctly.  Its not cheating.  Frankly it shouldn't work when its as blatant as it often is - again, that's on the umps.

I disagree.. the optical illusion created by the thousands of hours that teams and catchers devote to honing this “skill” to a closely measured skill is evidence that it is NOT the umpire.   Human umpires are and will be fooled by this regilarly and it should be overturned by electronic zones

55 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Knock it off with this not trying crap.   You've been spewing it for days.   It's garbage.

Teams that aren't hitting look lie they aren't trying, that's the nature of baseball.   But why wouldn't they be trying to hit?   Their future contracts depend on it.

I'm just venting, and just unhappy the way the O's are playing.  

7 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Oh God, nearly identical stats. That makes me feel even worse about my over the top dramatic comment. He really is Wieters 2.zero

I actually did that for my self as much as anyone else. Even I was surprised by how close they've been over the beginning of heir careers.

Just now, tntoriole said:

I disagree.. the optical illusion created by the thousands of hours that teams and catchers devote to honing this “skill” to a closely measured skill is evidence that it is NOT the umpire.   Human umpires are and will be fooled by this regilarly and it should be overturned by electronic zones

Frankly, I think it should be an automatic ball whenever the catcher moves his glove to "frame" a pitch. They are intentionally trying to make the umpire's job more difficult. I never understood why this is allowed.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Frankly, I think it should be an automatic ball whenever the catcher moves his glove to "frame" a pitch. They are intentionally trying to make the umpire's job more difficult. I never understood why this is allowed.

Because baseball thinks cheating is quaint until the fans get upset about it.

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Its not against the rules, so its not cheating.  Its as simple as that.

Certainly agree the E-zone or some version of it (challenge system) should be instituted next season.