BALTIMORE Orioles @ Rangers 4/13/09

PrivateO

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I'm talking about his demeanor in response to the plate call and K call. He's just like, "look, I saw it, you did not, I'm right, you're wrong, just chill." It's better than most umps who need to act like tough guys.

Gotcha, but still it's obvious that his strike zone is smaller than other umpires, and more importantly it's smaller than what the rule book states. If they are going to continue with decreasing the size of the strike in application, then the rules should reflect that.

Maybe not playing in the field is effecting Luke. Some guys are just better hitters when they are playing a position.

I remember on the Hot Stove Show this offseason, he had said playing the field helps someone like him (obsessive/detail oriented) take the focus off of hitting and on something else and it helps him hit better.

As was I.

Haha, what happened there was I read the first two posts that asked if he was being serious, and started to read yours, and just assumed it was the same and replied before actually reading the whole thing.

...:o

edit: Tricky thing you did with those white Qs, btw.

Archived