DH - O'Hearn v. Kjerstad

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is my point. Have Mounty or O’Hearn both hit so well that they are just plays at 1B and DH?  I think not. I’d rather roll with the chemistry that Burnes and McCann have, and Adley DH. Adley hits better as a DH. 

We’ll see what happens. Our offense has been struggling. I say let’s roll with run prevention and McCann. Let Burnes throw to his guy. 

No that’s not what I’m saying. Adley at C, Mountcastle at 1B, and Kjerstad at DH. Obviously Hyde will mix it up if the postseason lasts a while, but that would be my default lineup. 

Adley can DH against LHP. But that’s a whole other problem. Not enough good RH bats. 

My guess is vs Skubal or Ragans, the Os will go with an IF of Gunnar, Westy, Mounty and Urias.  Rivera will DH. Santander starts in RF. Obviously one of Cowser or Mullins starts but do both of them start?  Would they start Slater?

Lefties hit Ragans much better than righties do this year.

Everyone is terrible vs Skubal although lefties are worse.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

My guess is vs Skubal or Ragans, the Os will go with an IF of Gunnar, Westy, Mounty and Urias.  Rivera will DH. Santander starts in RF. Obviously one of Cowser or Mullins starts but do both of them start?  Would they start Slater?

Lefties hit Ragans much better than righties do this year.

Everyone is terrible vs Skubal although lefties are worse.

Yeah I can see Rivera at DH. That’s probably a better choice than Kjerstad against Skubal. I’d definitely go with Mullins and Cowser over Slater. Slater has been really bad against LH this year. Only a .543 OPS. He’s actually worse than Cowser against LH and slightly better than Mullins. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Yeah I can see Rivera at DH. That’s probably a better choice than Kjerstad against Skubal. I’d definitely go with Mullins and Cowser over Slater. Slater has been really bad against LH this year. Only a .543 OPS. He’s actually worse than Cowser against LH and slightly better than Mullins. 

I agree…just not sure the Os will feel that way.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I agree…just not sure the Os will feel that way.

Oh if we’re talking about what they will do, I can see it being something stupid like McCann at C and Adley at DH. I do think Mullins has enough veteranosity to outweigh Hyde’s obsession with L/R matchups. 

7 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Oh if we’re talking about what they will do, I can see it being something stupid like McCann at C and Adley at DH. I do think Mullins has enough veteranosity to outweigh Hyde’s obsession with L/R matchups. 

I do worry about the McCann start although he has been hitting lately, so maybe you can justify it.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I do worry about the McCann start although he has been hitting lately, so maybe you can justify it.

There’s a good chance McCann starts game one with Burnes. Big roster. We can always move Adley from DH to C late in the game. Lose the DH, but have a big enough bench to just pinch hit and double switch to hide the pitcher’s spot coming up. 

So really we’d only be sacrificing 2 ABs from O’Hearn/Mounty/Kjerstad but we get Burnes throwing to his boy every pitch. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I think Adley,s 2nd half falloff has all but guaranteed seeing McCann. 3 months ago I would have told you he was here to backup Rush only in injury. Adley would get his day off because of the Postseason schedule, still might but not so sure anymore 

4 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

I think Adley,s 2nd half falloff has all but guaranteed seeing McCann. 3 months ago I would have told you he was here to backup Rush only in injury. Adley would get his day off because of the Postseason schedule, still might but not so sure anymore 

Adley hasn’t caught the last 2 days. He may not catch at all this weekend and if he does, it’s probably only tonight.

So, he’s going to be relatively well rested. Let’s see what he does with the time off and see if it helps him.