Orioles vs Tigers/KC (Wild Card series)

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, KojiSplit said:

No but I much rather face a team who is currently not playing well, doesn’t have Skubal and hasn’t hit well with RISP recently.

None of that matters when the playoffs start. Everyone wanted Texas last year and that worked out well. Detroit/KC, who cares, neither is a walk in the park but we faced Detroit with a bunch of DFA guys and could have swept them last week, we actually have our lineup back together, let the chips fall.

I don’t really care either way. All the teams are good but if the Orioles lose to the Royals or Tigers it will be a microcosm of this season. We have the most talented roster in the AL but it would be sure nice if our All Star catcher comes out of his funk.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Adam Frazier beating the Orioles with a bloop single is a horror I don't want to think about.

LOL Frazier literally just hit a two-run single in the ninth to probably win the game for KC just now.  A little preview perhaps!!!

Tigers just tied it up.  This team is absolutely terrifying.  None of their hitters have any nerves at all.  Problem is, they will sweep the White Sox and KC has to come to Atlanta where the games will matter a lot.  So I don't see how we can avoid Detroit. Only question is where we play them.

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

And the Tigers come all the way back from down 3-0.  3-3 not done in the bottom of the eight.  Magic dust continues for them, keep me away from these dudes next week.  Yeesh.

That lineup is so sneaky good. 

Greene, Vierling, Carpenter, Keith, Meadows, Canha, Perez and so many other new guys/role players that are great for them. 

And they just took the lead.

2 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Tigers just tied it up.  This team is absolutely terrifying.  None of their hitters have any nerves at all.  Problem is, they will sweep the White Sox and KC has to come to Atlanta where the games will matter a lot.  So I don't see how we can avoid Detroit. Only question is where we play them.

Aaaaaaaand its 4-3 Tigers

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

And the Tigers come all the way back from down 3-0.  3-3 not done in the bottom of the eight.  Magic dust continues for them, keep me away from these dudes next week.  Yeesh.

Crazy how lucky they’re getting. .145 xBA and are over .250 on the day. 2-4 with RISP. A clear strike called a ball to Vierling led to a walk and then a horrible missed check swing call gave Keith a 1-1 count instead of 0-2. He hit a game tying single the next pitch. 

3 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Yep. 4 games left for the O's and none of these games are gimmes. The Tigers have the easy schedule remaining. Hopefully the O's can squeak out 1 more win, ideally tonight. The Tigers probably won't lose a game the rest of the regular season. 

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

That lineup is so sneaky good. 

Greene, Vierling, Carpenter, Keith, Meadows, Canha, Perez and so many other new guys/role players that are great for them. 

And they just took the lead.

Even in the last 30 days they have a 97 wRC+ and 27% K rate. They’ve just been very timely.