9/26 at Yankees

Moose Milligan

7 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

No matter what he's been doing, I'm still not a believer in Mullins going forward.I still think his best years are behind him.

Mullen’s best hitting days may be behind him, but he’s still a splendid defender, and there’s a reason why Kevin Pilar and Kevin Kiermaier lasted so long in the league, and it wasn’t hitting

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I noticed McCann caught Eflin last night too. Seems that he's our best pitchers' choice to call their games and catch their pitches. I think the pitcher that Adley works best with is Dean Kremer.

I think McCann starting tonight is more about his numbers facing Cole than being preferred by Burnes.

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I noticed McCann caught Eflin last night too. Seems that he's our best pitchers' choice to call their games and catch their pitches. I think the pitcher that Adley works best with is Dean Kremer.

Or they are just giving Adley a rest now that the O's have clinched the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Mullen’s best hitting days may be behind him, but he’s still a splendid defender, and there’s a reason why Kevin Pilar and Kevin Kiermaier lasted so long in the league, and it wasn’t hitting

I agree, but there's a difference --  they could throw,

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Os broadcast said during the game that Hyde had decided before series started that McCann would catch game 2 when Cortes (LHP) was scheduled turn.  With the switch to Stroman he declined to change from predetermined path.

10 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Wrong time?  There was no one on base early in the game?  And his HR9 is only 1 -- Top 25 in the league.  

I can understand a solo HR when you are up 4-0. His HRs always appear to come early in games when the game is close.

Top 25 is not good enough for an ace on a playoff team.