9/26 at Yankees

Moose Milligan

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Hyde managed to wave the white flag and simultaneously blow up the bullpen. If you’re going to give up, just put in Baker from the start.

Also, get Baker off this roster.

This. It’s just plain idiotic. Why are you blowing through Cano and Perez who had both thrown 3 times in the last 5 days? And putting Cano in the same exact spot he got torched in Tuesday. 

Webb, Akin, and Soto are down. So now it’s just Bowman and Dominguez left? Just let Baker or Bowman start the 6th.

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Then just use Baker to start the 6th. Cano had pitched 3 of the last 4 games (and 5 days). Same with Cano. Makes zero sense. 

If he uses Baker to start the 6th down one people would lose it. Guy can’t win. 

Media better get info on what Hyde was thinking yanking Burnes in a 1 run game having only thrown 69 pitches and would be on normal rest for Game 1. Especially since home field isn’t locked up. Can’t give these games away.

If the Orioles had already clinched home field for the wildcard round I get it, but they haven't and Burnes isn't going to be asked to pitch on three days rest next week. Just a cluster of a game by Hyde using up pitchers unnecessarily.

Just now, eddie83 said:

What’s better: waving the white flag and driving Cano into the ground further or using your bullpen somewhat respectfully to give some guys some rest? 

If the plan was to have Burnes only throw 70ish pitches, then call up a long reliever. 

What’s better: waving the white flag and driving Cano into the ground further or using your bullpen somewhat respectfully to give some guys some rest? 

If the plan was to have Burnes only throw 70ish pitches, then call up a long reliever. 

He isn’t driving him into the ground. He threw 12 pitches the other day. Had to think about getting thru 4 more innings. 

I also guarantee the FO was in on the plan and Burnes knew the deal before the game tonight. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He had Cano and Perez combine to throw 0.2 IP. They obviously didn’t pitch well, but what’s the point of throwing them for the 4th time in 5 games when your 7th and 8th inning options are Bowman and Baker? If you’re only letting Burnes throw 5 IP with an already gassed BP and 3 or 4 guys unavailable, just let Baker and Bowman soak up innings.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

FWIW, Cano only threw 16 pitches and Perez threw 8. I don’t disagree with your premise, but it’s not like those guys are out of commission for the next week. 

Just now, LGOrioles said:

He had Cano and Perez combine to throw 0.2 IP. They obviously didn’t pitch well, but what’s the point of throwing them for the 4th time in 5 games when your 7th and 8th inning options are Bowman and Baker? If you’re only letting Burnes throw 5 IP with an already gassed BP and 3 or 4 guys unavailable, just let Baker and Bowman soak up innings.

So it’s Hyde’s fault they sucked tonight? 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'm sure Hyde was not waving the white flag.  I don't like to second guess Hyde too much but I agree it did seem odd to bring in Cano there.