9/26 at Yankees

Moose Milligan

Just now, survivedc said:

Look, he took Burnes out with 69 pitches. I don’t think he was exactly managing to win. Maybe matching up and hoping to scrape by, but this wasn’t managing to win.

Then just use Baker to start the 6th. Cano had pitched 3 of the last 4 games (and 5 days). Same with Cano. Makes zero sense. 

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Get that Trashcan / Turned into a Pumpkin / Piss Missile / No Urias Slander

I wanted to get the complete Moose Milligan vernacular experience in before this game is over and I have to leave this thread.

Moose Bingo?

4 minutes ago, brooks1083 said:

This whole inning is a head scratcher. Burnes would have 4 days of rest to game 1. Cano, Perez and Baker???

Burnes has only thrown about 40 out of about 140 career starts on 4 days rest.

Baker being the guy up in the bullpen when Cionel was missing the strike zone was a pretty funny white flag move.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I don’t usually get mad about in game moves but Hyde absolutely pissed this game away. Cano there just an awful choice after that part of the lineup walloped him two nights ago. 

Also our BP is terrible. 

Yep, I don’t really understand Hyde tonight.  Burnes was only at 69 pitches and that’s Cano’s 5th appearance in the last week.  It appears that he punted on this game when the O’s haven’t clinched the top wild card spot and there was still a slim chance of winning the division.  

1 minute ago, jdwilde1 said:

Yep, I don’t really understand Hyde tonight.  Burnes was only at 69 pitches and that’s Cano’s 5th appearance in the last week.  It appears that he punted on this game when the O’s haven’t clinched the top wild card spot and there was still a slim chance of winning the division.  

The same guy that yanks Cano after 2 pitches because he’s worried about overusing him also intentionally overuses him. If this game didn’t matter so much that you yanked Burnes after 69 pitches, then it doesn’t matter enough to drive Cano into the ground.