9/26 at Yankees

Moose Milligan

4 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Bryan Baker is not a MLB pitcher 

A worthy replacement for Kimbrel. 

I’m going to lose my mind if he is on the WC roster.  He’s useless   

They need to drop a pitcher for WC.  Just do it now.  I’d option or DFA him tomorrow.  Bring up McDermott or Rogers for the Minn series.  

9 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

But in Hyde's defense -- who should he have brought there in instead?  I guess maybe Baker but in only a one run game in Yankee Stadium he's certainly not ideal either.  A lot of relievers have been used lately.  Elias needs to construct a better bullpen next season and beyond.

If you're pulling Burnes, who was DEALING, you don't care about winning the game. If you don't care about winning the game, you bring in whoever needs to throw. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

If you're pulling Burnes, who was DEALING, you don't care about winning the game. If you don't care about winning the game, you bring in whoever needs to throw. 

By whoever needs to throw I assume you mean Baker.  It's hard to see Hyde going straight to Baker unless the O's were down by a few runs.  People are getting up in arms over something that had zero good options in a close game in Yankee Stadium.  Bring back Cole Irvin as the early innings reliever -- seriously that may be the best answer for now.

2 hours ago, EddeeEddee said:

Burnes' HR9 has been better than Gerrit Cole's 4 out of the 5 last seasons.  So I guess Cole is not good enough for an ace on a playoff team either.  And it's not Burnes' fault the O's aren't up 4-0.  First they need to get a single hit.

I’m talking specifically about this season. Why are you bringing up the last 5 seasons?

in the end he pitched very well with no run support today. And the bullpen allowed his three runners to score screwing up his ERA. He may putting his house up for sale as I type lol.

Don’t be mad at me but if the Orioles lose in the WC it may be a blessing in disguise. This team doesn’t have the pitching to make a deep run.  And they can’t hit elite pitching either. You may be looking at an ALDS sweep. Get out and get better for next year. The potential is there.

1 hour ago, Uli2001 said:

I’m talking specifically about this season. Why are you bringing up the last 5 seasons?

in the end he pitched very well with no run support today. And the bullpen allowed his three runners to score screwing up his ERA. He may putting his house up for sale as I type lol.

Oops, misread the play by play. Burnes was just taken out for no reason whatsoever.