9/26 at Yankees

Moose Milligan

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

No matter what he's been doing, I'm still not a believer in Mullins going forward.I still think his best years are behind him.

If everyone else is hitting, I want him patrolling CF. 

1 minute ago, EddeeEddee said:

Wrong time?  There was no one on base early in the game?  And his HR9 is only 1 -- Top 25 in the league.  

And it was actually a good pitch against a guy who struck out 4 times last night

7 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Cole appears to be on today. This will be a challenge in the playoffs. Perhaps he will be on today, but off in the playoffs.

If we get that far, we will only see him once, and I said last night that I’m not worried about the Yankees if we get there. I’m much more worried about the Royals.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• A silver lining is our team being in better shape, and we'll see if they can earn another chance next week. Can't see a moral victory tonight - it is just the last detail of a baseball loss that's been sure for awhile now.     They had a better mercenary than ours.     Their best players starred.    I didn't think @Frobby might be dicey for any given Little League handshake line....like the fight though.
    • We have only been swept 3 times this season.  We have odds in our favor to win at least one. 
    • They're playing in the top of the 13th, emptying out their bullpen trying to beat the Marlins. If the O's can make Lopez work tomorrow, there's probably not much available behind him. Connor Norby is 0-6 with 5 Ks in this game.
    • We’ve won 8 of the last 10 against them (since mid-2022), so hopefully things are turning in our favor a bit there.
    • Here's an unpopular opinion. Don’t be mad at me but this team doesn’t have the pitching to make a deep run. And they can’t score against elite pitching either. They can't manufacture runs in tightly-pitched games. If they lose in the WC, at least you escape being eliminated by the MFY. Get out and get better for next year. The potential is there.
    • In other news, water is wet. This was the issue last year, too, after Bautista got injured (and even before that). Elias doesn't get a pass here. He goes dumpster diving for relief pitching way too much. In today's game, if you don't have a competent BP you are cooked.
    • Perez is way overused as a high leverage guy. He has a 4.60 ERA and is likely their worst LHP in the pen. He shouldn’t be used as their highest or second highest leverage lefty.  But Akin has a 3.13 ERA. Cano 3.20 ERA. Coulombe 2.20 ERA. Webb 3.15 ERA. Dominguez 3.43 ERA (with the O’s). Soto 5.19 ERA with the O’s (3.80 FIP and 3.35 xFIP). Suarez is solid and is likely going to be in the pen in the playoffs. Is it a dominant pen? No. It’s probably about the same as last year heading into the playoffs. 5 or so guys that are good relievers but no true dominant guy you can count on. Last year it was Cano, Coulombe, Hall, and Wells. They’ve looked fine the last week or two besides when they’re pitching to Judge and Soto. They need to figure out who is gonna face those two in the playoffs because Perez and Cano definitely aren’t it. 
  • Popular Contributors