Congratulations Yankees

Just Regular

I thought Adley Rutschman had a good chance to go 5-0 against New York in full seasons he played while earning 6 years of service time.

I think he'll end up 4-1, and for this year we'll have to accept:

-being outplayed for the 2024 regular season division championship

-keep battling for maybe a 54% chance at a fresh competition next weekend

Is there a point to this thread?  If there is, it's lost on me and the gibberish it's framed in doesn't help.

Crappy game tonight and screw the Yankees regardless of some obsure attempt to make it about Adley Rutschman.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Is there a point to this thread?  If there is, it's lost on me and the gibberish it's framed in doesn't help.

Crappy game tonight and screw the Yankees regardless of some obsure attempt to make it about Adley Rutschman.

The point is recognizing good play by a worthy competitor, if that isn't too confusing.

Is there a point to your post?

Congratulations Yankees, you bought yourselves another division title for over $300M. Money that could make a significant dent in global poverty but will instead enrich the likes of Giancarlo Stanton, Carlos Rodon etc, all to deliver to your spoiled fan base yet another divisional championship to which they feel entitled as their birthright.

Congratulations on the success of your "moneyball" strategy of developing one good player, buying the top pitchers on the market every year along with Soto and then filling out the roster with role players. Genius! 

Congratulations for finishing top 5 in hit batters, actually giving one of our guys a concussion that cost him serious playing time, and then having the gall to complain about our guys "pitching inside". Stay classy! 

Congratulations for topping the league once again in both favorable calls and manager ejections. May your constant complaining get you even more special treatment! 

• Upvote 2

I feel this very strongly: the Yankees didn’t win the division, we lost it.  

On June 20 when we left New York, they were 51-26, 0.5 games ahead of us.  Since then, the Yankees have totally mediocre, at 42-40.   It should have been child’s play  to pass them and win the division the way they played.   But no, we went 39-45 in that same stretch.   And yeah, we had injuries, blah blah, blah.   I don’t care.   39-45 from a team that was 49-25 is pathetic.  

So no, I won’t congratulate the Yankees.   I’m very disappointed we allowed them to be AL East champions by playing so poorly.  They did very little to earn it.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I feel this very strongly: the Yankees didn’t win the division, we lost it.  

On June 20 when we left New York, they were 51-26, 0.5 games ahead of us.  Since then, the Yankees have totally mediocre, at 42-40.   It should have been child’s play  to pass them and win the division the way they played.   But no, we went 39-45 in that same stretch.   And yeah, we had injuries, blah blah, blah.   I don’t care.   39-45 from a team that was 49-25 is pathetic.  

So no, I won’t congratulate the Yankees.   I’m very disappointed we allowed them to be AL East champions by playing so poorly.  They did very little to earn it.  

In a normal universe, if you have a few injuries and then replace them with a few of the top prospects in the game who have been chomping at the bit in the minors,  you at least expect to get mediocre replacement production—not a sucking black hole wound. Plus all the other already actual studs that were still healthy took a month or two off.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

The point is recognizing good play by a worthy competitor, if that isn't too confusing.

Is there a point to your post?

If the majority of your posts were as coherent as this one there wouldn't be a point.

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

OP reads more like an attempt at a sliver lining, or a moral victory.

A silver lining is our team being in better shape, and we'll see if they can earn another chance next week.

Can't see a moral victory tonight - it is just the last detail of a baseball loss that's been sure for awhile now.     They had a better mercenary than ours.     Their best players starred.   

I didn't think @Frobby might be dicey for any given Little League handshake line....like the fight though.