Looks like the Detroit Tigers (Update: O's play KC in 1st round of playoffs)

Baseball fandom

Skubal is incredibly scary, not just because of his own virtues, but because the Orioles seem to be vulnerable to breaking balls, which is his specialty, even though all of his pitches are his specialty. I would just as soon wait until next season to see him again.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Another possibility:
If you win game 1, maybe you don't ptich Eflin in Game 2 and try to win Game 2 without using him.   I mean, worst that can happen is you lose and have Eflin for game 3 anyway.   So you won't lose the wild card series without pitching your two best.

But you COULD win the wild card series without your two best, and then you would have Eflin and Burnes lined up for games 1 and 2 in Cleveland

Cleveland?  Not very likely.

7 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Ragans is pretty close, and who it looks like we’d be facing if things remain the same. 

He's still clearly the better guy to face. 

.244 vs Skubal

.324 vs Ragans

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Skubal is incredibly scary, not just because of his own virtues, but because the Orioles seem to be vulnerable to breaking balls, which is his specialty, even though all of his pitches are his specialty. I would just as soon wait until next season to see him again.

Going against Skubal in a 3 game series is a scary prospect if he dominates the first game then your season is on the line. I don't have a preference either way, but it's probably better to avoid Skubal is possible in the wildcard let the Astros worry about him.

• Tony-OH changed the title to Looks like the Detroit Tigers (Update: O's play KC in 1st round of playoffs)