Burnes named Game 1 ALWC starter

eddie83

48 minutes ago, gamiliel said:

Did not see this happening....expected Rogers, but I can support this decision. Hyde is also leaving us really guessing here with the game two starter.....could we bring back Irvin for this?

Ewww. I hope not. Kremer and Eflin slotted for 2 and 3 I bet. I guess Hyde is making the decision based on how game 1 goes. We win - Kremer. We lose - Eflin? 

9 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

Well Suarez won’t be on the playoff roster, it seems, because he wouldn’t be available again after the series ends.

i guess Hyde didn’t want him in the pen.

Who says he is going more than 1 or 2 innings today?

14 hours ago, gamiliel said:

Did not see this happening....expected Rogers, but I can support this decision. Hyde is also leaving us really guessing here with the game two starter.....could we bring back Irvin for this?

What in the world are you talking about?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Burnes can pitch game 2 and 5 in the ALDS if needs be. 

The game 1 starter in the ALDS only has to pitch in one game if needs be but they could start 2.

So yea, I think it’s possible you hold off Eflin in game 2 if you win game 1.

Now, if he waits to pitch on Saturday, they will be a long rest, so he could be rusty.

That’s a tough choice. You don’t want to open any windows for any other team.

Kremer has pitched well vs NY, so he could go twice too but I’m not sure Kremer is the ideal guy to go through the same lineup twice in 5 days. Kremer also hasn’t faced Det this year, so he would be “new” to them.  Eflin faced them a few weeks ago and pitched well.