9/29 Game 162 vs Twins. End of regular season

Baseball fandom

The reason I hate Kroger is that there’s no signal inside… so after church grocery shopping with the Boss is fine, but doing so at Kroger, during the final game, is not. 
But I’m here now and drinking my last beer.

Meanwhile, the White Sox are up 4-0, no FIVE-0 against the Tigers.

1 minute ago, Surhoffan17 said:

Why is Suarez still out there? I know only 50 pitches but do we not want him on the postseason roster? Won't be available for Game 1 or possibly even Game 2. 

Based on what Jim and Kevin were talking about, and what I'm seeing, that leads me to think that they might be leaving him off the wildcard series because he wouldn't be ready to pitch until it's over. Then if The Orioles win the Wildcard Series, they will reactivate Suarez for the ALDS with the Yankees.

That is what I am guessing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Surhoffan17 said:

Why is Suarez still out there? I know only 50 pitches but do we not want him on the postseason roster? Won't be available for Game 1 or possibly even Game 2. 

It appears they have decided to have Suarez sit out the wild card series.  He is going to absorb the innings today and I assume Povich will be the long man.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Based on what Jim and Kevin were talking about, and what I'm seeing, that leads me to think that they might be leaving him off the wildcard series because he wouldn't be ready to pitch until it's over. Then if The Orioles win the Wildcard Series, they will reactivate Suarez for the ALDS with the Yankees.

I guess so. But he could be valuable out of the pen for the WC series. 

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

That’s logical, but who would they be keeping over him? Povich and Smith?

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Your guess is as good as mine. But I suspect a reliever. Unless Povich is scheduled for game 3 somehow.

For the record I think it's absolutely clear that Dean Kremer starts a Wold Card game if needed. We skipped his turn in the rotation for Davidson.

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Your guess is as good as mine. But I suspect a reliever. Unless Povich is scheduled for game 3 somehow.

I was thinking Povich would be long relief doesn’t look like they are saving Suarez for anything against the Tigers(or Royals). I don’t know how Burch Smith matches up against the two possible opponents, but I wouldn’t oppose leaving him off.

11 minutes ago, Surhoffan17 said:

I guess so. But he could be valuable out of the pen for the WC series. 

Guess they want him to go game 1 in Cleveland Saturday if the WC series goes 3.

EDIT:  Oops, I guess we play the Yankees Saturday, not Cleveland.

Edited by SteveA