Beckett Suspended

LookinUp

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp

That video clearly has Abreu pointing at Beckett.

Maybe Im missing something.

Abreu is not pointing at anyone prior to Beckett charging at him, he is holding out both arms in a questioning manner. He wanted an explanation from Beckett, and he was entitled to one. There is no excuse for that pitch going directly at his head. If Beckett wanted to release the pitch anyway after the ump called time, he should have thrown it over the plate or into the opposite side batter's box. Abreu was perfectly within his rights the entire time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In related news: John Kruk is an idiot. The day it happened, Kruk claimed that Beckett should have been ejected from the game. Beckett gets suspended and Kruk says it's a joke, while still maintaining the position that Beckett should have been ejected from the game.

Kruk if you think he should have been ejected, then that means he should be suspended. He incited the bench clearing. Plus he's an arrogant *****. Beckett....probably not Kruk.

In related news: John Kruk is an idiot. The day it happened, Kruk claimed that Beckett should have been ejected from the game. Beckett gets suspended and Kruk says it's a joke, while still maintaining the position that Beckett should have been ejected from the game.

Kruk if you think he should have been ejected, then that means he should be suspended. He incited the bench clearing. Plus he's an arrogant *****. Beckett....probably not Kruk.

The fact that Beckett didn't get ejected is a joke. Suspending him is all that they can do now. Don't understand why Kruk thinks that is a joke?

I'm not sure what the confusion is about, except for the wording of the official reason given for suspension. Just look at the video. The ump didn't eject him for the pitch, because there was no good reason to think he did it on purpose. What he did do on purpose happened right after the pitch: the ump was trying to keep everybody cool, and the jerk-P goes striding into the fray, running his mouth, and asking for a fight. That's when things started getting crazy. If the jerk had just hollered "Sorry, didn't mean it" and walked away from the plate instead of towards it, nothing would have happened. But instead, he poured gasoline on the fire. IMO, that's why he got suspended. Too bad the official reason didn't say that.

I'm not sure what the confusion is about, except for the wording of the official reason given for suspension. Just look at the video. The ump didn't eject him for the pitch, because there was no good reason to think he did it on purpose. What he did do on purpose happened right after the pitch: the ump was trying to keep everybody cool, and the jerk-P goes striding into the fray, running his mouth, and asking for a fight. That's when things started getting crazy. If the jerk had just hollered "Sorry, didn't mean it" and walked away from the plate instead of towards it, nothing would have happened. But instead, he poured gasoline on the fire. IMO, that's why he got suspended. Too bad the official reason didn't say that.

The ump didn't ejected him because he is an idiot or just made a mistake. The pitch was at his head for a reason.

The ump didn't ejected him because he is an idiot or just made a mistake. The pitch was at his head for a reason.

It's at least debatable. If you pause the video you can see the ball comes out of his hand early. When you release early, the ball has a tendency to come in high. I think it's at least plausible he was so surprised by the timeout that the ball came out of his hand.

I could just as easily claim he was aiming at the umpire. In any event, he may or may not have thrown it where he did on purpose. He was, however, a major jerk after the pitch. That is indisputable, and that's why he really got suspended.

It's at least debatable. If you pause the video you can see the ball comes out of his hand early. When you release early, the ball has a tendency to come in high. I think it's at least plausible he was so surprised by the timeout that the ball came out of his hand.

I could just as easily claim he was aiming at the umpire. In any event, he may or may not have thrown it where he did on purpose. He was, however, a major jerk after the pitch. That is indisputable, and that's why he really got suspended.

I disagree. I think Beckett threw at Abreu's head and was stupid enough to walk towards Abreu when he raised his arms saying, "What the hell was that for".

I wasn't even a Beckett hater before this incident.

Archived