Matusz updates

tywright

Matusz went 5 tonight, gave up 3ER, 4H, 1HR, 3BB and 6K. His ERA is now 4.66

He got in trouble in the 2nd by allowing 5 straight batters on (2 straight walks, a double, single and another walk). He managed to only give up 2 runs in the inning. He later gave up a solo HR in the 4th.

His first 2 outings haven't been as dominating as we thought he would be in A+ ball. Does anybody know if he's still only allowed to work the FB and change? He's getting some good K rates, but the walks have been getting him into trouble.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The initial reports were that he would be working almost exclusively off his fastball and change b/c he tends to over-rely on his curve. I don't know for a fact that this is what is causing his "lack of dominance" but I would bet that it is a factor. Hopefully, this makes him a better pitcher in the long run.

I tried to get his autograph today but I failed. I told Billy Rowell that he should switch to SS, he said, "I know, right?"

Plus I got to go on the field and round the bases on a mini bike, I got creamed. I couldn't figure out how to get the damn thing moving!

I tried to get his autograph today but I failed. I told Billy Rowell that he should switch to SS' date=' he said, "I know, right?"

Plus I got to go on the field and round the bases on a mini bike, I got creamed. I couldn't figure out how to get the damn thing moving![/quote']

haha, definately saw you tonight then...and from what I saw it looks like Rowell still has that cocky attitude problem. A friend of mine who was with me who doesn't follow the Orioles was like that kid is cocky as hell, and then as Rowell walked into the dugout about to go to RF he said "wheres my f'ing glove"

I tried to get his autograph today but I failed. I told Billy Rowell that he should switch to SS' date=' he said, "I know, right?"

Plus I got to go on the field and round the bases on a mini bike, I got creamed. I couldn't figure out how to get the damn thing moving![/quote']

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever seen on this board.

:clap3:

Good show!!!!

He's not going to sign autographs on a day that he has to pitch.

and then as Rowell walked into the dugout about to go to RF he said "wheres my f'ing glove"

Is he supposed to be some kind of a God among men?

Billy is 20, I'm not sure what you'd expect from a kid of his age. I understand that your quote is supposed to be an example of the "bigger issue," but you're over-scrutinizing in my opinion.

The initial reports were that he would be working almost exclusively off his fastball and change b/c he tends to over-rely on his curve. I don't know for a fact that this is what is causing his "lack of dominance" but I would bet that it is a factor. Hopefully, this makes him a better pitcher in the long run.

I assume that you're right, and this has something to do with his lack of dominance.

However, it's fair to point out that he pitched similarly in the AFL as well.

I'm guessing the dominance isn't too far away though.

haha, definately saw you tonight then...and from what I saw it looks like Rowell still has that cocky attitude problem. A friend of mine who was with me who doesn't follow the Orioles was like that kid is cocky as hell, and then as Rowell walked into the dugout about to go to RF he said "wheres my f'ing glove"

So he couldn't find his glove, whats the issue again?

"have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later"

His first 2 outings haven't been as dominating as we thought he would be in A+ ball. Does anybody know if he's still only allowed to work the FB and change? He's getting some good K rates, but the walks have been getting him into trouble.

I'm not sure about his start last night, but he mentioned in his interview with Drew that he only threw one curveball in his first start.

Makes it easier for his hitters as well if they know he's only going to be throwing a fastball or changeup.

He's not going to sign autographs on a day that he has to pitch.

He actually signed a few when it started to rain but I found that out after I got home.

Jerome Bettis was at the game as well. So many Steelers fans, it made me wanna puke. I said something about the Ravens and a Steelers fan said, "RAVENS?!?!?"

I lost to my friend in the mini bike race, I figured it had to be because he was wearing an O's shirt.

Archived