Matusz updates

tywright

He actually signed a few when it started to rain but I found that out after I got home.

Jerome Bettis was at the game as well. So many Steelers fans' date=' it made me wanna puke. I said something about the Ravens and a Steelers fan said, "RAVENS?!?!?"

I lost to my friend in the mini bike race, I figured it had to be because he was wearing an O's shirt.[/quote']

Jerome Bettis is from Detroit.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he supposed to be some kind of a God among men?

Billy is 20, I'm not sure what you'd expect from a kid of his age. I understand that your quote is supposed to be an example of the "bigger issue," but you're over-scrutinizing in my opinion.

I didn't say I had a problem with it at all...I was just pointing out what I saw, wasn't meant to analyze anything.

So he couldn't find his glove, whats the issue again?

First of all he hadn't even got to the dugout to look for it he was yelling from the field for someone to get it for him, Second of all where did I say there was an issue I pointed out something that I saw..

First of all he hadn't even got to the dugout to look for it he was yelling from the field for someone to get it for him, Second of all where did I say there was an issue I pointed out something that I saw..

Really? Have you read your own post?

and from what I saw it looks like Rowell still has that cocky attitude problem. A friend of mine who was with me who doesn't follow the Orioles was like that kid is cocky as hell, and then as Rowell walked into the dugout about to go to RF he said "wheres my f'ing glove"

Pretty simple breakdown: cocky = problem + friend verifying cockiness + evidence of said cockiness ("and then").

No. No editorial spin there at all.

Really? Have you read your own post?

Pretty simple breakdown: cocky = problem + friend verifying cockiness + evidence of said cockiness ("and then").

No. No editorial spin there at all.

Yes I have, and where in that post did I say that it was an issue, I pointed out what my friend and I saw. I never said this is a problem that he needs to fix, if he wants to be cocky I could care less all I care about is that he plays well. I was just pointing something out that has been talked about on here before and I thought some fans would want to read about.

I'll be at Matusz's next start in Frederick this Sunday. I am going to try to get some video and pics of Matusz for Lier X to break down.

I am thinking of sneaking over there as well, if my wife will let me get away with it. NMS, if I am going to go I will PM you and maybe we can meet up to say hello.

Gordon Beckham has an OPS over 1200 so far in AA. :)

Bah. I got that beat. We selected Brandon Crawford in the fourth round of last year's draft in our shadow draft. He's actually a plus/plus-plus defender with a plus/plus-plus arm at short, and he's OPSing 1.386 so far (granted, HiA). But his defense gives him that "extra edge". ;)

First of all he hadn't even got to the dugout to look for it he was yelling from the field for someone to get it for him.

So maybe he was kidding around...unless he said it in a tone like "you, slave, bring me my glove".

Edit: ya know, I shouldn't even be responding to this. This thread is about Matusz, remember?

Bah. I got that beat. We selected Brandon Crawford in the fourth round of last year's draft in our shadow draft. He's actually a plus/plus-plus defender with a plus/plus-plus arm at short, and he's OPSing 1.386 so far (granted, HiA). But his defense gives him that "extra edge". ;)

Do you think we would be better with him and someone else in the 5th rather than Hudson and Miclat?

Do you think we would be better with him and someone else in the 5th rather than Hudson and Miclat?

I thought Crawford was incredible value still on the board in the 4th round. That said, I'm not going to slam BALs pick or claim Crawford was the better option based on the first week of the season.

I think Crawford is a safer bet to provide value than Hudson, given his game is a lot more refined and he plays plus defense at SS. I also don't think Crawford and Miclat are mutually exclusive. Miclat was also good value, as I've said before (I "drafted" Humphries, who ended up not signing and going to Pepperdine).

Bottom line, for the 4th round, I was disappointed BAL didn't take Crawford but I understand why they may have shied away given his rough year at UCLA.

Yeah, I was alittle disappointed that the O's didn't select Crawford in the fourth. I doubt Hudson lasts very long. That selection seemed very redundant to what the O's already have in the system, but whatever.

Archived