A debate that should be interesting???

Flosman

Having watching every game the O's have played this season and most of the last several seasons I found myself asking myself this last night. As an offensive player who is going to be better. Adam Jones or Nick? I am extremely high on Nick, some say even irrationally so. I think he will be, Barring significant injury, a HOFer. I never really thought of Adam at this level but man he is simply outperformed what I thought was possible and has really not looked like he is playing way over his head doing it. He is having consistent great ABs and is punishing mistakes. Pitchers will have to adjust and the proof will be in Adam's ability to adjust with them. What does everyone think?

BTW with Wieters joining in later this season how exciting is it to have the possibility of have 3 legit super star guys in thier prime?

Fun time to be an O's fan.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Jones and it won't even be close. He has superstar written all over him, whereas Markakis just has very good player written all over him. For example, I know it was just one HR but I have never seen Markakis come close to crushing a ball the way Jones did last night. That was a monster shot and simply awesome to behold!

I am inclined to say Nick, because he's already so good and he's only going to get better. But there's definitely a chance that Jones could just explode. I think Jones will end up hitting more HR's but will be a streakier, lower OBP guy. But his OPS may be close to as good.

I would say Jones and it won't even be close. He has superstar written all over him, whereas Markakis just has very good player written all over him.

By the way, are you still contending that Markakis can't hit in the #3 spot? Because 9 RBI in 8 games argues otherwise.

I would say Jones and it won't even be close. He has superstar written all over him, whereas Markakis just has very good player written all over him. For example, I know it was just one HR but I have never seen Markakis come close to crushing a ball the way Jones did last night. That was a monster shot!

I'm curious what player you'd compare his future to if he's a superstar. In spite of last night I'd like to see more power from him. I'd be disappointed if he turns out to be just a very good table setter.

BTW, Shepherdstown huh? I'm going to school there.

By the way, are you still contending that Markakis can't hit in the #3 spot? Because 9 RBI in 8 games argues otherwise.

No, but I think Jones has helped him immensely by batting in front of him as has Huff behind him. In other words I now think he can handle it!:):clap3: I also predict eventually he and Jones will reverse spots and Jones will hit third with Markakis back in the two spot, possibly by next season.

I would say Jones and it won't even be close. He has superstar written all over him, whereas Markakis just has very good player written all over him. For example, I know it was just one HR but I have never seen Markakis come close to crushing a ball the way Jones did last night. That was a monster shot and simply awesome to behold!

If not my suggestion for you is watch more games. Nick is capable and has matched that shot.

Archived