Anyone watching the Yankees/Indians on MLB Network

DAEVerett

That stadium ain't all that great lookin

The bleachers area, in particular...it just looks unfinished.

Glad to see the Yankee$ open New ATM $tadium with a loss. Hope it's the beginning of a long and painful trend for the bad guys.

I'm in no way a Yankee fan, but I am a baseball fan, and everything I've seen of the stadium in tours, on tv, pictures, looks fantastic. The only thing that I don't like, and from some observations I'm not alone on the matter, is that Monument Park is no longer visible. I visited the old ballpark in September last year, and probably the highlight of the place was Monument Park, not only visiting it, but the fact that you could see it so vividly from throughout the stadium. It now appears to be very much obscured.

First impressions of what I've seen are good. Now I just hope they have 86 seasons of blowout losses and unfulfilled expectations :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Craig Biggio made a career out of getting hit by pitches (that and hitting :).  It can be a repeatable skill, although a painful and risky one.   Might not be able to get away with it as much now as you used to be able to.  
    • FWIW the BTV site is already forecasting the 17 year old to attain a few million in surplus value - that's a decent chunk for them for someone still in the complexes. Granted here we are in the part of the curve tapering to zero, and most of these guys will become nothing at the MLB level. Among guys ranked both by Tony and BTV as of today, their algorithm is stronger on Arias, Prieto, Haskin and McDermott.    Tony's ranks stronger on Basallo, Hernaiz, Denoyer and Tavera. Inside the Top 10 it almost all matches except for the College-High School classic Cowser and Mayo who in both systems have Westburg and Ortiz between them.     The 10th and final spot is Kjerstad-Beavers, but both rankers have the other one as basically the next guy.
    • The countdown is on - 1 hr until game time!  USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA  Will be curious to see the ratings today.  USA v. England had 15mm tune-in which was the most watched soccer game in US history.  
    • Curious..............do you think Goff or Jimmy G would be an upgrade over Lamar for this team?   Or are you just saying they are acceptable placeholders.
    • Lamar will more than likely be tagged and dealt. If you can get a return similar to Watson you can improve fast. Plus you can pick up Garapolo who is on a 1 year deal or Goff. 
    • We disagree.  Disparage his performance all you want but he was out there per MLB for the years he was signed for.  Fact is he provided much value to the clubs who disagreed not once but twice with you (Seattle AND Twins) while your approach removed his crucial bat ( and let Markakis walk too)  from the 2014 ALCS team that was replaced with ????? Travis Snider .   I remain steadfast in believing not giving Cruz an additional year was nowhere near the risk incurred  by the other poor choices made that offseason.  And the results were as expected when the team had these critical resources removed and not replaced much less upgraded. 
    • The stats would strongly indicate otherwise, but it seems like they still like Maikol Hernandez. I wonder if that's just because of the obvious - his bonus - and they don't want to give up on him or if there's something they're seeing in BP or whatever that isn't translating yet.
  • Popular Contributors