Anyone watching the Yankees/Indians on MLB Network

DAEVerett

I was at old Yankee Stadium last July... saw the new stadium next door... wasn't finished or anything, but it just looked like a big slap of concrete. Did they gussie it up at all?

It's limestone, actually, but it is very plain and monolithic. But that was also the style of the original.

From the outside, it really does resemble a Stalinist-era structure ... which is altogether fitting.

Yep, like the original, it's built in the style that happened to be very popular in Germany and Italy under Hitler and Mussolini.

I'm in no way a Yankee fan, but I am a baseball fan, and everything I've seen of the stadium in tours, on tv, pictures, looks fantastic. The only thing that I don't like, and from some observations I'm not alone on the matter, is that Monument Park is no longer visible. I visited the old ballpark in September last year, and probably the highlight of the place was Monument Park, not only visiting it, but the fact that you could see it so vividly from throughout the stadium. It now appears to be very much obscured.

First impressions of what I've seen are good. Now I just hope they have 86 seasons of blowout losses and unfulfilled expectations :D

I'll agree that most of the interior is seems very nice (restaurant and other accomodations) but it should be for $1.5 billion. On the other hand, the outside has a very cold feel and the architecture is lacking creativity, frankly. Overall, I just don't see that intimate ballpark feel, seems like I'm taking a tour through a high rise office building rather than a baseball ballpark. I'd take brick over massive concrete slabs anyday. Maybe I need to be there to appreciate it.

Archived