After Two Weeks of Pie...

Frobby

We don't have to be unbearable to watch to rebuild. That's where the whole thing about being a rebuilding team means you have to stink just doesn't make sense. Just because it took other teams years years to turn around and those teams were bad, doesn't mean the Orioles have to follow the same path. We shouldn't have had to tank the season or have tanked last season to rebuild.

A rebuilding team doesn't neccessarily need projects to fix either and that is what Pie is, MacPhail's pet project. I think the Orioles are using the rebuilding word to not put as much effort on to their on the field product because let's face it with the majority opinion on this board that everything is great why would they? When the fans are still showing up and supporting this awful product, what reason is there for MacPhail to improve the on-field product when the Orioles are still raking it in and getting support from fans who are eating up MacPhail's every word?

It's really insulting for the Orioles to expect anybody to come out and drop money to see this team next season in this economy. Especially when it is obvious they don't care how the ML squad is going to perform. Sadly so many on here have bought what MacPhail is selling and will spend money to watch Adam Eaton take turns in the rotation because we are "rebuilding."

SG tell me if it was Rocco Baldelli we got instead of Pie and he was stinking up ST, would you want him on the team over Reimold?

LOL...FELIX PIE IS NOT KEEPING REIMOLD OFF OF THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REIMOLD WOULD NOT BE HERE EVEN IF PIE WASN'T!!!!!!

The idea that you can't understand these obvious concepts makes me not even want to respond to the rest of your post.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea that you can't understand these obvious concepts makes me not even want to respond to the rest of your post.

So you think the Orioles wouldn't move Scott to DH or have Reimold DH if Pie wasn't on the team, even with the spring Reimold is having?

So you think the Orioles wouldn't move Scott to DH or have Reimold DH if Pie wasn't on the team, even with the spring Reimold is having?

You just don't understand what ST is.

It's a bunch of exhibition games to get the team used to playing ball again.

It's not like having open auditions for a Broadway show. It's not like American Idol.

I think Montanez would be on the team before Reimold.

Montanez had just a good of a spring as Reimold and has AAA/MLB experience.

Reimold is behind Montanez on the depth chart.....

Nope. The front office has telegraphed it since last fall they had no interest in Reimold above AAA. Left field was going to be Scott with a right handed complement. They were considering Montanez, but thought his defensive limitations were not ideal. They then considered free agent right-handed bats. Pie then became available.

I really don't know why you try.

The fact that this is even an argument/converastion still baffles me.

Trea, the funny thing here is that you think that Reimold is gonna come up and be legit right away.

Have you ever stopped to think that Reimold might have his struggles initially at the big league level too?

He's 25 Moose, he's toiled in the minors for years and has shown especially last year that he deserves a shot. The fact that we are bringing in Pie who was handed the job without having to earn it first despite his poor ML performance, just doesn't sit right with me.

MacPhail has been obsessed with Pie's tools ever since he signed him and even though he hasn't shown anything at the ML level despite having 200+ ABs to do so, AM still thinks he's going to be something. And he's willing to possibly hurt the Orioles to do so. Scott Moore on the other hand blew up ST, but MacPhail wouldn't give him a full time job and evaluate him in a lost season. So why is Pie suddenly getting the shot? I know people will say his prospect status, but I just don't see it. There's clearly some preferential treatment given here and it's just not right. Pie isn't a ML veteran so he shouldn't be allowed to tank ST and win a ML job.

Matt Wieters must be kicking himself for doing all that work in ST because all he would have to do is show up and he'd get the starting C job sometime this season because of his prospect status.

No I don't...They don't seem to be as high on him as many of us are and they want him to work on some things, especially in the field.

He's 25 Moose, he's toiled in the minors for years and has shown especially last year that he deserves a shot. The fact that we are bringing in Pie who was handed the job without having to earn it first despite his poor ML performance, just doesn't sit right with me.

MacPhail has been obsessed with Pie's tools ever since he signed him and even though he hasn't shown anything at the ML level despite having 200+ ABs to do so, AM still thinks he's going to be something. And he's willing to possibly hurt the Orioles to do so. Scott Moore on the other hand blew up ST, but MacPhail wouldn't give him a full time job and evaluate him in a lost season. So why is Pie suddenly getting the shot. I know people will say his prospect status, but I just don't see it. There's clearly some preferential treatment given here and it's just not right. Pie isn't a ML veteran so he shouldn't be allowed to tank ST and win a ML job.

Even bringing up these at bats, without showing the regularity of them and talking about his age, shows how biased you are and how you don't want to pay attention to facts.

MacPhail has been obsessed with Pie's tools ever since he signed him and even though he hasn't shown anything at the ML level despite having 200+ ABs to do so, AM still thinks he's going to be something. And he's willing to possibly hurt the Orioles to do so. Scott Moore on the other hand blew up ST, but MacPhail wouldn't give him a full time job and evaluate him in a lost season. So why is Pie suddenly getting the shot? I know people will say his prospect status, but I just don't see it. There's clearly some preferential treatment given here and it's just not right. Pie isn't a ML veteran so he shouldn't be allowed to tank ST and win a ML job.

Matt Wieters must be kicking himself for doing all that work in ST because all he would have to do is show up and he'd get the starting C job sometime this season because of his prospect status.

Experience > Age

Even bringing up these at bats, without showing the regularity of them and talking about his age, shows how biased you are and how you don't want to pay attention to facts.

Amen to that.

Trea, you can't talk about regularity of at bats and such about one guy while ignoring another.

Fair is fair.

Pie is only a little over a year younger than Reimold. So where's the age gap? It's not like we are talking about a 22 year old prospect like Adam Jones.

If you mean he was blowing up the minors at age 21, so was Hayden Penn, but that doesn't mean he's going to be a successful MLer.

I noticed in another thread you said he could be an average ML LFer with a .720 OPS IIRC. Before Pie came along, isn't that what you were saying about Reimold? I think you were saying he could put up an .800 OPS and now suddenly a .720 OPS is deemed acceptable from Felix Pie...

We fixed LF, so why are we so intent on breaking it again?

I tell you what, I don't want to hear one complaint about Pie from his supporters when he pulls a Luis Hernandez...

Pie is only a little over a year younger than Reimold. So where's the age gap? It's not like we are talking about a 22 year old prospect like Adam Jones.

If you mean he was blowing up the minors at age 21, so was Hayden Penn, but that doesn't mean he's going to be a successful MLer.

I noticed in another thread you said he could be an average ML LFer with a .720 OPS IIRC. Before Pie came along, isn't that what you were saying about Reimold? I think you were saying he could put up an .800 OPS and now suddenly a .720 OPS is deemed acceptable from Felix Pie...

We fixed LF, so why are we so intent on breaking it again?

I tell you what, I don't want to hear one complaint about Pie from his supporters when he pulls a Luis Hernandez...

First of all, I am not against Reimold at all...But unlike you, i understand that Reimold can be on the team even with Pie...I can comprehend that fact, you obviously can't.

And even remotely comparing Pie to LH continues to show that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You are rapidly becoming OldFan.

I sure hope Pie (and Hill, to the same extent) works out.

The sooner they contribute and make an impact in Baltimore, the sooner Andy's campaign to prove his worth to Cubs' fans will come to an end.

I hear Leon Durham is available if Andy wants to try and pull off the ultimate Cubs miracle.

Archived