The Yankee Band-Box

mefogus

I am not sure if I am excited, or frightened at the potential 25-21 (the average score that is) games that the Orioles have upcoming in Mid-May. In any case, it is definitely fun to see that for all the money thrown around by the Yankees, they forgot to pay out to Mother Nature.

:)

-m

When the Babe and Gehrig played in the old place it was 295 to right with a 3 1/2 foot fence. So the new place probably plays a lot like the old place did in the 1920s and 30s.

Of course the old park was also 461 to LC and as much as 487 to center, so that kind of made up for the porch they built for the Babe. The new one keeps with tradition, though. The tradition of not wanting to offend new free agent slugger Jack Clark with a LC fence longer than 400 ft.

When the Babe and Gehrig played in the old place it was 295 to right with a 3 1/2 foot fence. So the new place probably plays a lot like the old place did in the 1920s and 30s.

Of course the old park was also 461 to LC and as much as 487 to center, so that kind of made up for the porch they built for the Babe. The new one keeps with tradition, though. The tradition of not wanting to offend new free agent slugger Jack Clark with a LC fence longer than 400 ft.

If I'm Mark Teixeira, I'm never ever batting right-handed in that ballpark ever again :laughlol:

Archived