Songs You'd Rather Hear During the 7th Inning Stretch

Philbertun

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe we should stop playing the National Anthem before the games, since everyone else does it.

Yes. Because this is the same thing. If I have to respond in order to refute this then I'll go with...No one is claiming that the National Anthem is their exclusive, hallowed tradition.

The song is awful

Welcome to "Opinion equals Fact" Day here on the Hangout!

it makes no sense in connection to bmore

And that matters how?

and--so it seems--a significant amount of the people who the song is supposed to entertain are saying that they don't ever want to hear the song again. Sorry if that offends you, but truth is truth. Sometimes it hurts.

And a "significant" number are saying the opposite. And I have never seen one single person complain, or act horrified, or otherwise show displeasure when it is played at the games.

Sorry if that offends you, but truth is truth. Sometimes it hurts.

Wow, people got pretty riled up about this one. Far out.

Yeah, I'm a heretic, all right. I fork over half my paycheck to go to the games and cheer for a team whose hopes for a successful season is to win as many games as they lose. I pay even more money when the teams I hate the most come to town with their obnoxious fans. When I can't make it, I'm glued to the TV cheering them on vicariously as if they can hear my through my living room set.

But because I don't like some hokey country song, I know nothing of tradition. Well maybe I do and maybe I don't. I know the Orioles have had a losing tradition for the last ten years. Maybe we should keep that up? We've had a tradition of releasing players just before they become all-stars. Should we keep that up?

I think maybe it's time to shake up our traditions, start some new ones and make Orioles baseball a better tradition...

Or maybe I just hate John Friggin' Denver!

How about "Our House" by Madness?

I could dig it. Good song, right message. Right on.

This, by the way, was the kind of thread I meant to start. If you like it and want it to stay, don't worry. Don't get in a tizzy. They aren't going to change it. But for those of us who aren't John Denver fans, I just want to know what they think would be a good song to replace "Country Boy" with. Just for kicks.

Wow, people got pretty riled up about this one. Far out.

Yeah, I'm a heretic, all right. I fork over half my paycheck to go to the games and cheer for a team whose hopes for a successful season is to win as many games as they lose. I pay even more money when the teams I hate the most come to town with their obnoxious fans. When I can't make it, I'm glued to the TV cheering them on vicariously as if they can hear my through my living room set.

But because I don't like some hokey country song, I know nothing of tradition. Well maybe I do and maybe I don't. I know the Orioles have had a losing tradition for the last ten years. Maybe we should keep that up? We've had a tradition of releasing players just before they become all-stars. Should we keep that up?

I think maybe it's time to shake up our traditions, start some new ones and make Orioles baseball a better tradition...

Or maybe I just hate John Friggin' Denver!

Maybe we should just dump "Orioles Magic" too, then. It's been around just as long and has had the same tradition, and it really isn't that great a song. So who's with me! :rolleyes:

Welcome to "Opinion equals Fact" Day here on the Hangout!

And that matters how?

And a "significant" number are saying the opposite. And I have never seen one single person complain, or act horrified, or otherwise show displeasure when it is played at the games.

Sorry if that offends you, but truth is truth. Sometimes it hurts.

I didn't say facts are facts. I said truth is truth. There are subtle differences there. Don't worry, you'll figure them out. Opinion is very much treated like fact around here. It's a fan board. It's why I come here.

Again, I hate having to prove things that have already been proven. Read this thread if you don't think this is divided subject. I don't like the "tradition," but I would never "act horrified" or even "complain." I just don't participate; however, when given the forum (this is still a forum, right?) I'm glad to voice my opinion on the subject. I'm even happier to find out that I was not alone. It seems to have had the opposite effect on you.

I didn't say facts are facts. I said truth is truth. There are subtle differences there. Don't worry, you'll figure them out. Opinion is very much treated like fact around here. It's a fan board. It's why I come here.

Again, I hate having to prove things that have already been proven. Read this thread if you don't think this is divided subject. I don't like the "tradition," but I would never "act horrified" or even "complain." I just don't participate; however, when given the forum (this is still a forum, right?) I'm glad to voice my opinion on the subject. I'm even happier to find out that I was not alone. It seems to have had the opposite effect on you.

:rolleyes:

Nice try. Let me know when you want some help down off your cross.

If we're going to pretend we're a redneck town (yeeeeehaw!), at least play a baseball song

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTl-NnuLjaE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTl-NnuLjaE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

or on a different note, go with Maryland's own, Joan Jett

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3T_xeoGES8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3T_xeoGES8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

David Byrne grew up around Baltimore

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A6ar44Ecec&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A6ar44Ecec&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was trying to find an approprite song from Baltimore born Frank Zappa, but I didn't think "Dinah Moe Humm" would pass the censors.

Archived