Is Tom Davis clueless?

notfast

What the hect are you talking about?

Markakis, Roberts, Huff, Jones, Koji, BB...you know good stuff

Soon to be Wieters, etc.

They are all apart of the same topic.

I am talking about the state of the Baltimore Orioles since 1998 which can be summed up in one word: LOSERS!:rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more. Davis is just a bafoon. He has no clue. He never has. Your post pretty much nails it. Although I just think Marks has absolutely no idea what she is talking about when it comes to baseball! No idea.

Marks is a total worthless air head, but Davis is actually smarter, more knowledgeable, and overall much better than many here want to portray him for some reason. I sense some age discrimination possibly, but I could be wrong and hope I am.:( He just seems like a nice man to me.:)

Do people like Tom Davis not realize that the minor leagues are where virtually every big league star comes from?

Do Oriole fans who are too young to remember the winning ways of the Orioles like Tom Davis does, not realize that back then no Orioles fan paid much attention to the minor leaguers unless they had someone like Bobby Grich who was the International League Player of the Year get called up?

The reason, was the Big League Team were winners every year. Something many of you unfortunately have no concept of.:(

Marks is a total worthless air head, but Davis is actually smarter, more knowledgeable, and overall much better than many here want to portray him for some reason. I sense some age discrimination possibly, but I could be wrong and hope I am.:( He just seems like a nice man to me.:)

He is a nice guy and he has some knowledge of the history of the team.

But knowledge wise, especially current stuff, he is clueless.

If he is so "clueless" as you term it than so is 99.9% of the people who post on this forum, including you and me.:laughlol::clap3:

I only really watch the simulcast of the show on MASN because I want my baseball fix. Really that's it, because outside of that you're pretty much left with Phil Wood. It's kind of funny when the best guy on the show to talk about the Orioles is the one who reports for the Nationals, but I swear Wood knows far more than the other two combined on the Orioles. The only thing Johnson is good for is criticizing the Orioles player development, particularly when it comes to pitching, because lets face it, it's not been good.

When Davis entered total buffon territory for me was when he basically said we had a guy that could put up the numbers that Mark Texiera could in Aubrey Huff, and thus losing out on Tex was ok. I honestly had to laugh at that, because although I wanted Tex and realized that he wasn't going to come here, to compare Aubrey Huff and Tex is just flat out laughable, regardless of what Huff did last year.

I only really watch the simulcast of the show on MASN because I want my baseball fix. Really that's it, because outside of that you're pretty much left with Phil Wood. It's kind of funny when the best guy on the show to talk about the Orioles is the one who reports for the Nationals, but I swear Wood knows far more than the other two combined on the Orioles. The only thing Johnson is good for is criticizing the Orioles player development, particularly when it comes to pitching, because lets face it, it's not been good.

When Davis entered total buffon territory for me was when he basically said we had a guy that could put up the numbers that Mark Texiera could in Aubrey Huff, and thus losing out on Tex was ok. I honestly had to laugh at that, because although I wanted Tex and realized that he wasn't going to come here, to compare Aubrey Huff and Tex is just flat out laughable, regardless of what Huff did last year.

So if Huff outhits Texeira again this year Davis is still a buffoon merely for stating that losing out on Texeira was no big deal? :scratchchinhmm::rolleyestf:

I personally think the Orioles need starting pitching far more than they ever needed Texeira. Does that make me a buffoon as well? :confused::(

Some of you need to learn a little respect for those with differing opinions than yours. It is always possible you could be wrong you know, and Davis could be right.

So if Huff outhits Texeira again this year Davis is still a buffoon merely for stating that losing out on Texeira was no big deal? :scratchchinhmm::rolleyestf:

I personally think the Orioles need starting pitching far more than they ever needed Texeira. Does that make me a buffoon as well? :confused::(

Some of you need to learn a little respect for those with differing opinions than yours. It is always possible you could be wrong you know, and Davis could be right.

Not saying I'm particularly torn up about missing out on Tex, but he is better than Huff, and will be good for much longer. It seems like Davis was, once again, speaking about the present state of the O's rather than the bigger picture.

Frankly, I think Davis is threatend by a knowledgable fan base. He has admitted that he only recently started using the internet. He needs to realize that the information he once thought only he and his collegues were privy to is now available to almost everyone. Phil Wood in my opinion is one of the most informed sportscasters in this area. I think he also happens to be a member of SABRE. He must laugh himself to sleep at night thinking about some of the stuff Davis says.

I agree with Davis. Only a woeful team like the Orioles has fans that drool and salivate over their pretty much mundane minor league prospects, and most contending teams don't operate that way at all. Its called being talent starved and winless for so many years.:(

Well, you're wrong.

Living in New England and being exposed to the sports-talk media here, there's plenty of talk about the Red Sox MiLB players, and the talent waiting in the wings. I mean, unless you want to somehow argue that the Red Sox are talent starved and winless.

I completely agree - if you were putting together a reunion of, say, the 1967 Colts or 1971 Orioles and wanted an emcee type who knew all the old stories, knew what questions to ask each guy etc., then Davis is your man. If you want any kind of informed analysis of anything currently happening on the field, then do not listen to a word he says.

• Upvote 1

Do Oriole fans who are too young to remember the winning ways of the Orioles like Tom Davis does, not realize that back then no Orioles fan paid much attention to the minor leaguers unless they had someone like Bobby Grich who was the International League Player of the Year get called up?

The reason, was the Big League Team were winners every year. Something many of you unfortunately have no concept of.:(

Times are different. More information is out there on the minors....But I'm sure you understand that....

Times are different. More information is out there on the minors....But I'm sure you understand that....

Sure I understand that but what I find annoying is those who were not around when folks like Davis were are ridiculing him for telling how he sees it and imparting the mindset of how it used to be, which is true. Don't disrepect the man out of ignorance because of not being around during the times when the Orioles were winners, and indeed the average fan cared little about the players at Rochester or Elmira. What Davis says is spot on. The only "clueless" people are those making fun of him.:eek::rolleyes::rolleyestf::eektf::(

Edited by Old#5fan