Does a Yankee get plunked tomorrow?

oriole_way

Unless you played for a Major League team I don't know how, you know how it works.

That's a little harsh...But, they'll talk to both managers just to make sure things don't get out of hand, that's all I'm saying. Man, tough crowd.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A totally stupid idea IMHO. They were drilled by 2 different pitchers, neither of whom could find the plate. I seriously doubt there was any intent. If we retaliate tomorrow we run the risk of a suspension. Unless it's Shuey who does the plunking I don't see the point.

Even Michael Kay goes, "What Yankee did the O's hit?" after Markakis getting drilled in the back.

Whoever came up with "Derek Christ" and 'Miss Pay Rod" deserves the post of the year....It makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.....That is the funniest thing Ive ever seen!!!!

Whythankya, Roy...thankyaverymuch.

Can't say for certain they're original with me...but I think so. Don't recall reading them anywhere else, and have taken significant grief for them on the Baseball Fever boards...

That's a little harsh...But, they'll talk to both managers just to make sure things don't get out of hand, that's all I'm saying. Man, tough crowd.

Sorry didn't mean to come across nasty. I just don't think the Umps think it is a big deal. Now if we hit a Yankee today there would definately be a warning in place for tomorrows game.

I went back for, and couldn't find, a thread I started a while ago (one of my "modest proposals") where I called for Derek Christ to be drilled every time he went into his "I'm gonna squat down like I'm taking a dump to make the ump think this pitch is low because I know the strike zone better than he does" dance routine. He, and all the other Yankee$, just get away with soooooooooooooo much bull***t at the plate. It needs to end.

I say, DC gets his on the last Friday of the season, and Miss Pay Rod gets hers on the last Sunday. Shoulders to elbows. It doesn't count if it doesn't hurt.

Sorry didn't mean to come across nasty. I just don't think the Umps think it is a big deal. Now if we hit a Yankee today there would definately be a warning in place for tomorrows game.

Maybe Warning was the wrong term, but I would assume that it will be discussed. Trembley mentioned in his post game that he motioned to Cabrera not to retaliate while in the dugout. I'm sure the umps will want to try to prevent anything beforehand.

Absolutely not, the umps will warn both teams. It'll happen down the line, but not tomorrow. I would expect it to be Jeter or A Rod since they got two of our better players.

I'm not generally a fan of this sort of thing. But every rule has its exception.

I don't think Torre did it, and I could easily believe that Miggy's was an accident. But Nick got thrown at, and their guy responded by walking right towards him, as if saying "You got a problem with that?" I'm convinced that wasn't Torre but rather whathisname being a punk. But just because Torre didn't do it, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. And, in the big scheme of things, I think that this is One Of Those Times when it's appropriate to let them know you noticed.

I'm not super-concerned about the timing. I am not worried about Bedard getting tossed if it's handled right. I know they invented roll-over minutes for your phone, but I don't think they've invented roll-over warnings for pitchers. I think there's at least one free shot before a fresh warning is issued. I don't know if Bedard would do it, but I do think that DT is exactly the guy to persuade him to do it.

I sorta like the idea of seeing Jeter sit on his butt in the dirt, but that's not the point. They drilled our #3 and #4 hitters. I think you plunk Abreau in the back with a fastball. If there's a warning about that one, then you stop. If there's not, then you plunk ARod in the shoulder but less severely. All of this is secondary to winning the dang game, so you do this according to score and circumstance. But, at some point, you do it. If you wanna be able to look Frank Robinson in the eye, you do it.

A totally stupid idea IMHO. They were drilled by 2 different pitchers, neither of whom could find the plate. I seriously doubt there was any intent. If we retaliate tomorrow we run the risk of a suspension. Unless it's Shuey who does the plunking I don't see the point.

I really thought shuey was going to do the plunking when he came in. No sense getting D-cab suspended. Maybe they held off because arod had already picked up his toys and went home.

Bedard dosen't play those kind of games. Right now he needs to consentrate on those kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. If he did it might screw up his chances for a possible CY YOUNG. It should of been last night or somewhere down the road, like at OPACY so we all could enjoy it..........

Someone should throw at them. Just to send a message. I honestly hope they just tag Miss Pay Rod with an 85 mph batting practice fastball in the ribcage or the thigh.

I don't want anyone getting hurt. But if you plunk two of our best players, you deserve getting your batters thrown at.

What I'm afraid of is if Hughes hit's an O early in the game and THEN both benches get warned.

This is what I told the Mrs. last night. Torre and the Yankees are classless enough to intentionally hit an Oriole EARLY in the game just so that both benches get warned. Then Bedard has to watch his pitches all game and worry about coming inside, etc. Its a great way for the Yankees to throw Bedard off his game.

And before you all tell me that Torre is not classless, look at all the times this type of thing happens with his team! Just last week the Jays and Yanks got into a back and forth that leaded to 2 or 3 bench clearing altercations. That's the game Clemens got the 5 game suspension for.

As much as it would please me to see Jeter or ARod writhing in pain at the plate (no serious injuries, of course!), I don't want to see our ace risk an ejection or suspension just for some silly oneupmanship. Show that WE are the classier organization by stomping their arses AGAIN on the field and leaving it at that.

Archived