What did DT do wrong tonight?

El Gordo

A number of people feel DT is a poor in game manager, is a poor bullpen manager, and is responsible for the team's poor execution of fundamentals. So how did he fair tonight? I propose we keep this thread going to catalogue all his miscues, or perhaps even moments of competence, to see just how good/bad he really is. I found nothing to complain about tonight. I suppose you could question why he didn't give Hendrickson the early hook and you could point to Huff's indecision on that squibbler as an examplwe of poor fundamentals. Perhaps Huff should take extra squibbler drills or be benched. Other than that I can't think of anything, but I'm sure others can. Have at him.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A number of people feel DT is a poor in game manager, is a poor bullpen manager, and is responsible for the team's poor execution of fundamentals. So how did he fair tonight? I propose we keep this thread going to catalogue all his miscues, or perhaps even moments of competence, to see just how good/bad he really is. I found nothing to complain about tonight. I suppose you could question why he didn't give Hendrickson the early hook and you could point to Huff's indecision on that squibbler as an examplwe of poor fundamentals. Perhaps Huff should take extra squibbler drills or be benched. Other than that I can't think of anything, but I'm sure others can. Have at him.

You frisky little trouble maker you.;)

El Gordo must be related to DT or something...He takes it so personally if someone has anything bad to say about him.
Not at all. I just would like to see some objective examples of his supposed failings. What did you see tonight that you feel is an example of his poor bullpen mgt. You have often stated that opinion. How would you have handled it differently?

El Gordo must be related to DT or something...He takes it so personally if someone has anything bad to say about him.

To be fair, I believe that OH does have its share of "DT nit-pickers". El Gordo was just having a little fun at their expense.:D

Not at all. I just would like to see some objective examples of his supposed failings. What did you see tonight that you feel is an example of his poor bullpen mgt. You have often stated that opinion. How would you have handled it differently?

Nothing jumps out at me. DT had no way of knowing Sarfate and Ray would both be terribly ineffective although in Sarfate's case he was injured so at least he had a reason. Ray was just plain bad.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of problem with the way the bullpen has been handled...I just have a problem with the personnel in the bullpen!

Ray has looked very shaky lately. Sarfate is hurt, and hasn't looked good at all this season. Sherrill is scary every time he pitches. Bass has bad numbers, but has looked better of late. Who'da thunk that Danny Baez would be our best bullpen pitcher right now?:confused:

To be fair, I believe that OH does have its share of "DT nit-pickers". El Gordo was just having a little fun at their expense.:D
I wouldn't call it fun. I would say it is an excercise in objectivety. People establish leitmotifs around here and then parrot them endelessly until they become accepted dogma. Why not put these dogmas to the test? Maybe DT really is a poor in game manager, poor bullpen manager and fundamentals phoney. Lets find out.

I wouldn't call it fun. I would say it is an excercise in objectivety. People establish leitmotifs around here and then parrot them endelessly until they become accepted dogma. Why not put these dogmas to the test? Maybe DT really is a poor in game manager, poor bullpen manager and fundamentals phoney. Lets find out.

Oh, I know you were serious in wanting a response. I still think you were having a bit of a "poke em' in the eye" moment with the keyboard though.:D

I didn't see a lot of the game tonight but I would say his BP management was fine tonight.

Good Post! What would really be telling is if we had a manage along with DT post. Then some who question DT about his moves could do it right along with him instead of after a move does not work.

Archived