What did DT do wrong tonight?

El Gordo

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sudden death game and he doesnt pinch hit Wieters for Zaun. He cant defend this one. Not unless Wieters is injured.

The kid can pinch hit and maybe catch a couple of innings without risking his health. I dont get it.

In the final 2 innings, who would you rather see bat:

Group A:

Zaun

Andino

Pie

or

Group B:

Wieters

Salazar or Mora

Jones

If you your answer is group A, then you don't have an issue with DT today...if your answer is group B, there is your answer for "what did DT do wrong tonight".

I seldom questioned Trembley's judgment but I had a problem today with his decision to bring Sherrill in. I was watching the game with a friend and said I thought it was a mistake because Sherrill had a rough inning last night -- he was wilder than usual and he threw a lot of pitches (25). What happened is exactly what I thought would happen. IMO, this was a great time to get Ray into a save situation.

Just my opinion...........

In the final 2 innings, who would you rather see bat:

Group A:

Zaun

Andino

Pie

or

Group B:

Wieters

Salazar or Mora

Jones

If you your answer is group A, then you don't have an issue with DT today...if your answer is group B, there is your answer for "what did DT do wrong tonight".

I can't defend Trembley on this one. I know the Orioles really don't have a decent back up shortstop right now, but you have to give either Salazar or Mora a shot when Andino came up. Wieters for Zaun is a toss up since Wieters has not done much with the bat so far, but I think you'd have to go with the guy with the pop. As for Jones for Pie, who knows what shape he was in but putting him in against Papelbon is probably not a good position for him.

Sudden death game and he doesnt pinch hit Wieters for Zaun. He cant defend this one. Not unless Wieters is injured.

The kid can pinch hit and maybe catch a couple of innings without risking his health. I dont get it.

Well actually you can defend it. Zaun is leading off the bottom of the 10th and your looking for baserunners. Zaun is getting on base at a .340 clip while Wieters is at .300. Now I'm not here to try and tell you Zaun is the better hitter or was more likely to get on base but it's not like it was some no brainer call. Usually you don't use your bullets off the bench in a scenario like this until runners get on base.

No blame to be assigned.

If the two guys who have done their jobs relatively well all year do their jobs, we win the game.

Sure sounded like Sherrill might have struck out Varitek anyways.

I hate these kinds of losses, but they happen.

Borderline call...Could have gone either way...That call isn't going against Boston or NY most of the time...just the way it is.

Sherrill was all over the place today.

I can't defend Trembley on this one. I know the Orioles really don't have a decent back up shortstop right now, but you have to give either Salazar or Mora a shot when Andino came up. Wieters for Zaun is a toss up since Wieters has not done much with the bat so far, but I think you'd have to go with the guy with the pop. As for Jones for Pie, who knows what shape he was in but putting him in against Papelbon is probably not a good position for him.

Wieters is better than Zaun though.

I can kind of be ok with Pie hitting there...He actually had a good at bat but Paps threw a great pitch to him...But they said Jones was available to play today and he gives you a better chance than Pie does.

I am not as upset about Pie as the other 2 but still feel Jones should have hit.

And when he did bat Pie, I would have liked to have seen Pie try a drag bunt there...With Youk not at first, it could have been advantage Orioles.

Archived