What did DT do wrong tonight?

El Gordo

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really believe that this team has no problems other than our pitching? So the .200 average / sub .600 OPS from the bottom third of the lineup either isn't a problem or its somehow due to our pitching?

Going 0 - 10 in games where we score 4 runs or less is totally the fault of our pitching?

Really. Seriously. What's up with the absolutes from you guys? Can't you say something even moderately defensible like "our woeful pitching is the root of MOST of the team's problems"?

I said fix the pitching you fix the Orioles. Every team has problems. No kidding the bottom of the lineup has been bad. You started the argument by saying it was fundamentals. I said poor pitching, and by the way ours stinks compounds everything.

You seem to make my argument by saying we are 0-10 in games where we score less than 4 runs. Again, no kidding, our team ERA is around 6.

None of this has anything to do with my question, which was, how is DT's preparation poor? What is he doing that he shouldn't be doing or what would you suggest he do to improve things? If you are a good and sincere critic you should be able to answer that. If he had said before the game BRob, be sure not to try to take 3B on a ball hit to medium LF, or AJ, remeber to keep the ball in front of you on this turf, would that have been enough to keep them from doing those very things? Indeed you have no idea weither he did so or not. Have you attended practice before the games? Do you know for a fact that he is prepping his team poorly in terms of fundamentals? I doubt it. That's why I suspect much of what you say is hot air.

I'm not on here much so I'm unaware of any backstory. The only thing I've read so far is DT is not responsible for the ugliness, but he isn't helping it either. Seems fair. My question: Would any manger improve this team? Or is DT the best we can do?

I'm not on here much so I'm unaware of any backstory. The only thing I've read so far is DT is not responsible for the ugliness, but he isn't helping it either. Seems fair. My question: Would any manger improve this team? Or is DT the best we can do?

A good TOR SP would improve this team. No manager would make much of a difference IMO. They never do.

I really can't complin about anything DT did today. The failed hit and run with Melvin was annoying but it really didn't affect the game that much. The innability of our top 3 to generate anything more than an infield hit was the story of the game IMO. Pie looked pretty good in LF today.

I really can't complin about anything DT did today. The failed hit and run with Melvin was annoying but it really didn't affect the game that much. The innability of our top 3 to generate anything more than an infield hit was the story of the game IMO. Pie looked pretty good in LF today.

That is one thing DT has got to stop. No more sending slow runners on 3-1 and 3-2 counts. Especially 3-1.....it's stopping the hitter looking for his pitch to hit. I don't mind DT's bullpen management too much (you could disagree with decisions of any manager and he has little to work with) but he has to realise this is not helping the team.

That is one thing DT has got to stop. No more sending slow runners on 3-1 and 3-2 counts. Especially 3-1.....it's stopping the hitter looking for his pitch to hit. I don't mind DT's bullpen management too much (you could disagree with decisions of any manager and he has little to work with) but he has to realise this is not helping the team.

Melmo was running on a 3-2 count but it's a philosophical thing. I personally believe you run yourself into more outs than runs.

That is one thing DT has got to stop. No more sending slow runners on 3-1 and 3-2 counts.

Yesterday, DT's decision to send Speedy Huff on a 3-1 count is the whole reason Nick scored instead of Wiggy hitting into an inning-ending DP. That's how we took the lead in the 10th.

Do you think DT should not have done that?

Or do you think he should only do it when it works, and stop doing it when it doesn't? :-)

Yesterday, DT's decision to send Speedy Huff on a 3-1 count is the whole reason Nick scored instead of Wiggy hitting into an inning-ending DP. That's how we took the lead in the 10th.

Or do you think he should only do it when it works, and stop doing it when it doesn't? :-)

How do you know Wiggington would have swung at that pitch and hit it into the ground if DT hadn't called the hit and run?

In anycase, to answer your sarcastic question, it's an OK tactic now and then but we do it so often the opponents know it's coming almost everytime. I really wish he would do it less.

There's more to it than that. Some guys are better at making contact in that

situation than others. Trembley doesn't seem to take that into account.

Scott failed in this situation a couple of days ago and Markakis was thrown out. Scott had smashed a homer against this pitcher earlier in the game to tie

it at 2. So what does Scott do? Takes a weak swing at ball 4. He's not

good at just putting the ball in play.

Scott is a masher. Trembley should just let him swing away with no play on.

Whatever happens with McCrory here, this is an idiotic move by DT.

EDIT: And he gives up a 2 run single to Longoria....Just unreal.

Adding McCrory to the roster in itself was an idiotic move.

Whatever happens with McCrory here, this is an idiotic move by DT.

EDIT: And he gives up a 2 run single to Longoria....Just unreal.

Putting in McCrory in such a high-leverage situation was definitely foolish.

Archived