Ankiel Injury

Crazysilver03

They just showed his injury on BBTN and it was just nasty. I hope he is alright and nothing is wrong.

For those that missed it, he was running after a ball in CF and tripped on the warning track and fell head first into the wall, but his head bounced off and his face and chest planted on the wall. He immediately dropped the ball and laid on his back.

Ankiel transferred the ball from his glove to his throwing hand before making contact with the wall. The umpires ruled that it was a catch.

Rick was removed from the field on a stretcher, but I'm hoping it was precautionary only. He had moved both his arms/hands and his legs, and he gave a thumbs up to his team mates as he was carried away on the cart. He may have a mild concussion and/or a sprained neck. I wouldn't be surprised if he also wrenched one or both of his shoulders trying to brake his momentum against the wall. His hip made pretty hard contact with the concrete below the pad at the base of the wall and I'm guessing he has at least a hip pointer.

Baseball Tonight will probably replay it tonight at least a couple times, probably in slo mo. I think it also leads the web gems. Not worth it in a 6-1 game, but what are you going to say?

Archived