5/5 O's at Tampa

baseballnelie

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zaun's Noodle of an arm caused him to short hop second on the attempted throw out therefor forcing Jones to think he had to be superman and sail a throw over third base.

Simple.:)

Zaun's noodle of an arm is definitely fast becoming a serious problem for us, but out middle infielders have to get better at keeping the one-hop throws in the infield. Who was covering and should the throw have been catchable or at least blockable?

Zaun's noodle of an arm is definitely fast becoming a serious problem for us, but out middle infielders have to get better at keeping the one-hop throws in the infield. Who was covering and should the throw have been catchable or at least blockable?

The less than perfect one.:laughlol:

The less than perfect one.:laughlol:

As I suspected. He is a whole lot less than perfect when it comes to fielding underthrown balls from the catcher on SB attempts. He's made some pretty nifty leaping plays backing up second when the ball is overthrown, but it's like he's afraid of the thrown ball when it bounces in front of him. If they're going to keep playing a catcher who can't get the ball to 2B on the fly, they need to make him spend some time practicing keeping those in the infield.

As I suspected. He is a whole lot less than perfect when it comes to fielding underthrown balls from the catcher on SB attempts. He's made some pretty nifty leaping plays backing up second when the ball is overthrown, but it's like he's afraid of the thrown ball when it bounces in front of him. If they're going to keep playing a catcher who can't get the ball to 2B on the fly, they need to make him spend some time practicing keeping those in the infield.

Edit: I'm dumb.

Archived