Manny Ramirez will be suspended 50 games for positive drug test

Don_Aase_Fan

Not that it has any affect on the suspension, but this is very good.

Yeah, it IS an excuse, but it doesn't get them out of the penalty. Illegal is illegal now. So it's still stupid to take them even on doctors orders. What was the regimen for? The only time I've ever had to be on steroids was when I had a really bad case of poison ivy, but there ARE alternate treatments.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if it was legit, and from a doctor, it wouldnt been a suspendable drug now would it

It could be suspendable but a legit prescription. Tom Verducci is reporting Manny would have needed a Theraputic use exemption and without one having a doctor's orders is irrelevant.

Just when it "appeared" baseball was getting their act together, this 'guy' goes and sets them back another few years! Way to screw up baseball. Well at least I'll have the MLBN to watch all afternoon when I get home at 3pm.

I don't know, I'll wait to see what the substance was before I pass any judgement.

There's one thing to violate the rule in an attempt to increase performance and another to use a prescribed medicine to treat an ailment. If it was the latter then I think it's a good warning to others to be more careful....especially in this day in age.

Sure, he should've known better but let's let the facts get out first.

Just when it "appeared" baseball was getting their act together, this 'guy' goes and sets them back another few years! Way to screw up baseball. Well at least I'll have the MLBN to watch all afternoon when I get home at 3pm.

Well in baseballs defense it does show that MLB is getting there act together, as they have the right rules in place to where any player no matter the name will get pentalized if they are caught cheating. It's the players who have clearly not gotten there act together. Major league baseball is doing all that it can to try to clean the game up and i commend them for that.

Sometimes I just don't understand things..... If I was a major league ball player and earning millions of dollars -- EVERY medicine or vitamin or whatever I'm taking, I'd be contacting MLB and their drug hot line to see if it is illegal or not.

It just ain't worth losing so much money over a simple overlook IMO.

I don't know, I'll wait to see what the substance was before I pass any judgement.

There's one thing to violate the rule in an attempt to increase performance and another to use a prescribed medicine to treat an ailment. If it was the latter then I think it's a good warning to others to be more careful....especially in this day in age.

Sure, he should've known better but let's let the facts get out first.

be more careful? they know what theyre doing, and of course they'll come out and go "i didnt know that substance was banned", of course they did. they just do it to save theyre ass, or attempt to anyway

Archived