No Deal

Belkast

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could we make a rule that any negative talk about SOnny76, Belkast, Peace, and Bigbird, will cause a ban?

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

It happens like clockwork here every 4 months or so.

An "insider" claims something and is wrong.

Someone questions an insiders info.

"Insider" gets offended and threatens to take his ball and go home.

Worshippers rush to defense of insiders and scold anyone who dares question the insiders.

The insiders are big boys. If they can't take some scrutiny or questioning- then they shouldnt be posting here.

They sure can take the accolades, azzkissing, and reppoints that are heaped on them. So they should be able to handle the heat. As long as it is not personal attacks, what is wrong with it ? This IS a discussion board.

I really don't understand why so many are infatuated with gossip and rumors that most often don't come true. If something really happens you will read it soon enough in the Sun or hear it on ESPN.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

It happens like clockwork here every 4 months or so.

An "insider" claims something and is wrong.

Someone questions an insiders info.

"Insider" gets offended and threatens to take his ball and go home.

Worshippers rush to defense of insiders and scold anyone who dares question the insiders.

The insiders are big boys. If they can't take some scrutiny or questioning- then they shouldnt be posting here.

They sure can take the accolades, azzkissing, and reppoints that are heaped on them. So they should be able to handle the heat. As long as it is not personal attacks, what is wrong with it ? This IS a discussion board.

I really don't understand why so many are infatuated with gossip and rumors that most often don't come true. If something really happens you will read it soon enough in the Sun or hear it on ESPN.

People aren't criticizing the "questioniong" of the guys with a contact. Its people who bash Belkast or Bigbird when something doesn't happen exactly as they were told, or people who accuse them of lying or making things up that is uncalled for. Almost every one of these guys' posts start or end with the "take this with a grain of salt" catchphrase. They're just passing along information thats given to them, no need for people to be attacking them (which definitely happened tonight) if the information ends up being invalid.

People aren't criticizing the "questioniong" of the guys with a contact. Its people who bash Belkast or Bigbird when something doesn't happen exactly as they were told, or people who accuse them of lying or making things up that is uncalled for. Almost every one of these guys' posts start or end with the "take this with a grain of salt" catchphrase. They're just passing along information thats given to them, no need for people to be attacking them (which definitely happened tonight) if the information ends up being invalid.

While your post is mostly true, Lucky Jim did get some crap(unwarranted)earlier in this thread for questioning the way Belkast phrased his information and for daring to say that we just might not know what exactly is going on behind closed FO doors.

Could we make a rule that any negative talk about SOnny76, Belkast, Peace, and Bigbird, will cause a ban?

Just wondering, why is Peace put in the same group as the other three who to my knowledge have given the board good info? I don't read the board as often as others and may have missed it but what has he ever come up with? That said, any insider info is appreciated and should be taken with a grain of salt. Nice to see the O's got the deal done finally. Maybe JTrea can stop overreacting to every little thing and calm down for a while along with cutting out that "McFail" garbage.

bb, just curious, would you still call McPhail Syd Thrift II now?! I don't think 'Ole Syd would have sealed the deal like this?

Seems like he needed help from Big Pete to seal the deal. Let's also not forget giving major props to Jordan and Duquette who laid the ground work and drafter Wieters. McPhail all put said he would not have drafted him.

I didn't see that. Anyone got a quote? I think Duquette & Jordan deserve some of the credit as well, but your colors are there for everyone to see. As pro Duquette as you were and are, you seem to have a vendetta against McPhail.

Yeah, this was the reason for my caution/optimism yesterday, too. I figured the likelihood of bad information coming out of the Warehouse was high, what with so little information floating around and a new guy in charge. Resentment can lead to a brutal pessimism, I think.

Andy MacPhail is not Syd Thrift. Those comments were way out of line.

Are you kidding me? No way. I'm glad we got insiders, but that's just a recipe for disaster. They don't have to post what they hear, and we don't have to read it. But to simply speak negatively about them? One: there's really already a rule about that, but it's all encompassing, not singling out persons with inside sources; and two: if you were to do something like this, (and this is incredibly hypothetical) if they were so inclined they could act like jerks because they'd have a form of diplomatic immunity. That makes for really crappy discourse.

Archived