Clerical error costs Longoria start

nevadaO

Rotoworld:

The Rays listed two third basemen on their lineup card on Sunday, causing them to lose their designated hitter.

The plan was for Evan Longoria to DH and bat third on Sunday, but he was listed at third, along with Ben Zobrist. Since he didn't take a position in the top of the first, the Rays have now had to go to starting pitcher Andy Sonnanstine as their No. 3 hitter.

And we thought only the Orioles did crazy things! :rofl:

If the Orioles did this, there would be about 4 venomous threads about Trembley created in the span of 3 minutes, two of which would be calling for his job.

Only 4? :P I'm guessing about 3/4 of the whole front page.

If the Orioles did this, there would be about 4 venomous threads about Trembley created in the span of 3 minutes, two of which would be calling for his job.
As there should be. That's an inexcusable mistake from Maddon.

Not saying he should be fired for that, but he definitely should be criticized heavily. Its an embarassingly stupid mistake on his part.

LOL...Sonnanstine doubles, picks up an RBI.

Maybe it wasn't a mistake :)

The funny thing is as SOON as I saw the headline on ESPN about the goof up, I expected to see something like this in the article. Either he knocked in a couple or hit a HR or something. That's just how it goes when crazy things like this happen.

Only two?

Please I am shocked, SHOCKED, there weren't at least that many after Roberts got picked off today.

Didn't see it, wha hoppen?

BRob got picked off first base, a random play in a random baseball game...

but MacPhail should be FIRED for signing this washed up old player! :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

;)

As there should be. That's an inexcusable mistake from Maddon.

Not saying he should be fired for that, but he definitely should be criticized heavily. Its an embarassingly stupid mistake on his part.

Joe Maddon has managed over 550 games in the major leagues, including a World Series appearance. I think I'll forgive him one lineup mistake.

Archived