Where would this year's top prospects rank in our current Top 10 list?

I know we aren't ranking the top ten, but at this point I think you have to put Snyder ahead of Rowell. . .

Anyway, I hate how scouts underrate Arrietta. This guy is going to be a beast, and I'd put all of those prospects between 4-6 on our list (with snyder at 5 where I think he belongs)

Ackley is an excellent college hitter. I'm not even sure he's an amazing college hitter. There have been amazing college hitters who weren't amazing professional hitters. It seems like you are predicting a Tony Gwynn like career for him. We'll see.

You can't look at any college or HS player and determine what career they are going to have. All you can do is look at them and give their projections on a scale compared to other prospects. As far as hitting prospects go, he's one of the best I've seen since Kendrick.

1. Matt Wieters

2. Brian Matusz

3. Chris Tillman

4. Jake Arrieta

5. Nolan Reimold

6. Brandon Snyder

7. Tyler Matzek

8. Brandon Erbe

9. Tanner Scheppers

10. Aaron Crow

11. Billy Rowell

12. Grant Green

13. Alex White

14. Zach Britton

15. Dustin Ackley

16. Kyle Gibson

17. Chorye Spoone

Scheppers, Crow, White and Gibson all after Erbe? That surprises me a bit, is this a based on upside ranking?

Scheppers, Crow, White and Gibson all after Erbe? That surprises me a bit, is this a based on upside ranking?

Erbe is already in AA, any of those guys is going to start out in A+ at best, so he gets to go higher just because he's further ahead at the moment.

Taking age and projection into account. I actually should bump Erbe down in part because of his "tired" shoulder. We projected him to the pen this winter when we did our Top 30, and I think it's probably looking more likely. Still, his stuff is among the best in the system. As I said in the post, I could easily slide things around and feel great about it. A lot of these guys aren't very far apart.

Archived