Orioles and Yankees Gamey 1

CrazyWhiteGirl

It's the limitation of being the kind of pitcher he is. And why a lot of us pointed to his 4.5 K/9 MiL numbers and said "this could be a problem."

He simply had no way of putting A-Rod away. And looked scared even trying.

I'd probably walk him to face Matsui. Why not? They did it with Bonds and do it with Pujols all the time.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd probably walk him to face Matsui. Why not? They did it with Bonds and do it with Pujols all the time.

Because Matsui can and will hurt you. I don't feel great facing either of them, honestly.

I agree..I think I would walk A-rod almost every plate appearence...at least don't throw strikes to him.

Agreed. After getting up 0-2, just throw stuff out of the strike zone and see if he'd chase something....if only because unfamiliar with Bergy.

He's given up 40 hits in 27 innings prior to this start. Noone should be surprised that the Yankee's are hitting him, early on. He's a number 5 starter, he's never had a lot of upside, and to expect anything more will only lead to being disappointed.

He's given up 40 hits in 27 innings prior to this start. Noone should be surprised that the Yankee's are hitting him, early on. He's a number 5 starter, he's never had a lot of upside, and to expect anything more will only lead to being disappointed.

You may prove to be right, but BB like all of the calvary will need to be given plenty of time to grow. Most will struggle early. Give them time to improve.

Archived