Orioles and Yankees Gamey 1

CrazyWhiteGirl

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I would feel better about this game if he would foul off a few close ones with 2 strikes-like Kjerstad did last night-instead of just watching them go by. Take those pitches on the outside to the opposite field.  If your expecting 1 pitch but get another, fight it off.
    • His path to staying in baseball is as a utility player. The more positions he can play, the more likely he is to stay in the league. Good for him. But I don't anticipate him back in Baltimore. We saw them go Kjerstad when Hays even though the team is very lefty heavy. With Mateo getting looks in CF and Cowser able to play there for a bit, there really isn't any role that he's next in line for (or even 2nd or third in line). Even learning 2B doesn't get him in a next in line position given Norby.  
    • In my book, he’s had two outings that were awful and three that were decent, including yesterday’s.  My guess is that if he has a decent outing on the 27th, the O’s won’t go through gymnastics to try to find a way to extend his rehab, even though his ERA has been a train wreck.  
    • Why is Tony still batting 4th?  Move Westy to #3 and Mounty to #4; or vice versa but good grief Hyde... come on.... Tony should be down at the 7/8 slot.
    • Holliday looked a lot more confident last night and his defense is improving.  I don't think he's "getting better", I think he's finally relaxing and his natural ability that he's worked on over many, many years is taking over.  It's like he's been thinking too much about every action you take while swinging the bat vs. just swinging the bat and his muscle memory taking over.  I'm predicting him heating up a little bit.  It might only be to hit .200 w/ little power for the next week, but should be enough to keep him up.  The line drive (if weak) right at the pitcher was another encouraging sign that his timing is getting on track.  
    • Especially on an away day game after a night game. 
    • It would probably be better to give Adley a day off when we are facing a righty considering how many LHH that we have. Anyway, Adley is on a roll right now, so I'm not sure you want to take his hot bat out of the lineup.
  • Popular Contributors