Patton At It Again Tonight

BillySmith

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic but I thought I should mention this... Fredy Deza lost a lot of zip on his fastball following his surgery. He used to be a guy who could touch 95 MPH as a starter as recently as 2007. Now, he's barely hitting 90.

Well, he walked no one and had 5 K's gave up 5 hits in 5 innings yet he thre 95 pitches.....This tells us that hitters were either fouling off a ton of pitches or they were taking a lot of pitches which I doubt because he gave up as mentioned no walks. BowieMike, were hitters fouling off a lot of his pitches? If they were, I wonder what that means exactly.....

Well, he walked no one and had 5 K's gave up 5 hits in 5 innings yet he thre 95 pitches.....This tells us that hitters were either fouling off a ton of pitches or they were taking a lot of pitches which I doubt because he gave up as mentioned no walks. BowieMike, were hitters fouling off a lot of his pitches? If they were, I wonder what that means exactly.....

You know what I think it means. ;)

BowieMike, were hitters fouling off a lot of his pitches? If they were, I wonder what that means exactly.....

That's what it was, especially during the latter part of his outing.

I'm handling recaps tonight. There will be more to come shortly.

I may be wrong, but doesn't that usually mean they don't have a strong "out" pitch? If you haven't got that at double-A, I can't even begin to imagine the agony of watching yet another pitcher like that at the ML level...

I may be wrong, but doesn't that usually mean they don't have a strong "out" pitch? If you haven't got that at double-A, I can't even begin to imagine the agony of watching yet another pitcher like that at the ML level...

This was one outing. Patton has gone 6 innings several times. There sure is a lot of nitpicking going on for a guy with a 1.14 ERA and a .182 BAA.

I was at the game. They were taking a lot of pitches. Patton could be a very nice 4-5 starter.

This was one outing. Patton has gone 6 innings several times. There sure is a lot of nitpicking going on for a guy with a 1.14 ERA and a .182 BAA.

I'm just not sure he's ready now. Close. But not quite there. And I'm patient enough to wait until he is.

I'm just not sure he's ready now. Close. But not quite there. And I'm patient enough to wait until he is.

I agree with you. For a whole host of reasons, I'd like Patton to get 3-4 more starts before we think about promoting him to the majors. On the other hand, if there was a spot open at Norfolk I wouldn't hesitate to put him there right now. He's clearly having his way with the Eastern League.

I agree with you. For a whole host of reasons, I'd like Patton to get 3-4 more starts before we think about promoting him to the majors. On the other hand, if there was a spot open at Norfolk I wouldn't hesitate to put him there right now. He's clearly having his way with the Eastern League.

Send Ray to AAA, bring Hernandez into Ray's role, bring Patton to AAA to fill Hernandez's spot.

Send Ray to AAA, bring Hernandez into Ray's role, bring Patton to AAA to fill Hernandez's spot.

Want to do the math on this one again? ;)

(Patton can't replace Hernandez if Ray has already taken Hernandez's roster spot)

Archived