No way the O's take Green...He has not proven himself, to much of a risk for MacPhail. For all those people saying Ackley is not worth 6 million and Matusz is better then him. NO PITCHER IN HISTORY OF THE DRART HAS GOT 6 MIL...its a terrible comparison, Ackley has a .409 career average throughout college, I do not understand how he is not worthy. He might not have all the power that previous 6 million men had but he is a proven college hitter who is going to make a huge impact on whatever team takes him. To me he is definitely worth 6 mil.

allstar1579

that Gammons article is at espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4171726&name=gammons_peter

If that link doesn't work it is under MLB-Draft Coverage-then if you scroll through the feature articles you'll see a picture of Ackley. I think it might be insider but idk, I have insider.

Mark Prior says hi. While Mark Prior was on the other line, David Price left a message, he said to say $8.5.

Thanks for the link.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Prior says hi. While Mark Prior was on the other line, David Price left a message, he said to say $8.5.

Thanks for the link.

When I said that statement I assumed that everyone would understand I was talking about signing bonuses since I was talking about Ackley and Wieters signing bonuses. I dont know why Prior says hi cause his bonus was 4 mil, and Price's was 5.6 mil sooo, I stand by my statement that NO PITCHER HAS GOT 6 MIL in the draft...(Signing bonus since thats what the topic was). No pitcher getting a 6 mil signing bonus will be broken with Strasburg tho.

When I said that statement I assumed that everyone would understand I was talking about signing bonuses since I was talking about Ackley and Wieters signing bonuses. I dont know why Prior says hi cause his bonus was 4 mil, and Price's was 5.6 mil sooo, I stand by my statement that NO PITCHER HAS GOT 6 MIL in the draft...(Signing bonus since thats what the topic was). No pitcher getting a 6 mil signing bonus will be broken with Strasburg tho.

And no one is talking about Ackley getting $6 mil signing bonus either, that figure, just like the others I gave you is the total package, which is how you judge how much you are paying top guys.

What are you talking about? We were talking about the 6 million signing bonus the whole time...Thats why Wieters, Alvarez, Beckham, and Posey were brought into the conversation, cause they are the only four to ever get 6 mil...We were talking about a 6 million signing bonus...that was the whole debate...Ackley is gonna get 6 mil.

Archived