Things are starting to get ugly

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, so if BRob always does this, that's even MORE of a reason for Andino to break for home!

I don't know if Andino would know that Roberts always does this. I saw BRob do it all last year and RA didn't.

I guess what I was saying was that I don't think BRob necessarily made a smart play by stopping midway in order to allow RA to go home. BRob always does that.

I just agree that RA should have maybe taken the oppurtunity to go home.

On any given night it seems likely that the following will happen:

1. The bullpen will allow a huge inning.

2. O's make outs on the basepaths, usually Mora is involved.

3. A defensive mistake in the OF, either a missed fly-ball or bad route to a ball.

4. Questionable decisions regarding pitchers by Trembley.

5. Lots of baserunners left on the bases.

How can a team consistently lose games in the same exact fashion?

Easy answer to that. Its the makeup of the team and the manager combined. The starters don't go long enough, the bullpen is worn out, and essentially head cases from overuse. The base running blunders are a result of trying to do more than necessary to compensate for the woeful pitching. The defensive miscues are a result of lack of focus, again due to poor pitching. The questionable decisions by DT are due to lack of talent he has to work with. The lots of baserunners left on are a result of poor clutch hitting.

One answer to all of this. Move Jones to third in the lineup. Call up Wieters, Patton, and Hernandez. Release Walker and Moeller, and send Ray down to either AAA or AA. These changes could only help as there is no where to go but up.

I don't know if Andino would know that Roberts always does this. I saw BRob do it all last year and RA didn't.

I guess what I was saying was that I don't think BRob necessarily made a smart play by stopping midway in order to allow RA to go home. BRob always does that.

I just agree that RA should have maybe taken the oppurtunity to go home.

I agree....Andino needs to just go HOME!

and stay there! :mwahaha:

Easy answer to that. Its the makeup of the team and the manager combined. The starters don't go long enough, the bullpen is worn out, and essentially head cases from overuse. The base running blunders are a result of trying to do more than necessary to compensate for the woeful pitching. The defensive miscues are a result of lack of focus, again due to poor pitching. The questionable decisions by DT are due to lack of talent he has to work with. The lots of baserunners left on are a result of poor clutch hitting.

One answer to all of this. Move Jones to third in the lineup. Call up Wieters, Patton, and Hernandez. Release Walker and Moeller, and send Ray down to either AAA or AA. These changes could only help as there is no where to go but up.

I am not sure it is the answer but I think it is time for Hernandez and Wieters, and if Patton is sound then let him join the party. I am as excited about seeing Patton as any of the big 3.

This is how MOST teams look when they lose games. This is called baseball. You played the game. I'm surprised you don't feel this way.

Yeah. It's like every year we're surprised by what losing looks like. As if other teams out there were losing better, more gracefully.

Losing w/ promise.

Losing looks like losing. Until it turns into winning.

Archived