Who would you take?

Oh these players? Rank them in the order that you think. I basically jsut threw down some names excluding Stras and Ackley. How would you guys rand the rest of the players in the draft. Feel free to throw more name in if I left out someone you want.

Tyler Matzek

Donavan Tate

Aaron Crow

Alex White

Grant Green

Kyle Gibson

Matt Purke

Tanner Scheepers

Zach Wheeler

Mike Leake

Jacob Turner

Shelby Miller

James Paxon

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Green

2) Crow

3) Tate

4) Scheppers

I like the idea of Tate. We clearly don't need OF, and he won't be cheap to sign, but he may have the best chance of anyone not named Strasburg to become a perennial All-Star.

1. Tyler Matzek

2. Matt Purke

3. Zach Wheeler

4. Grant Green

5. Shelby Miller

6. Aaron Crow

7. Tanner Scheppers

8. Mike Leake

9. Alex White

10. Kyle Gibson

11. Donovan Tate

12. James Paxton

Matzek and Purke are the best prep LHP. If Ackley isn't there, we should take one of those two with the preference being Matzek. Then we can look at dealing one of the Big Three or even Matzek for a bat in a year or so.

1. Tyler Matzek

2. Matt Purke

3. Zach Wheeler

4. Grant Green

5. Shelby Miller

6. Aaron Crow

7. Tanner Scheppers

8. Mike Leake

9. Alex White

10. Kyle Gibson

11. Donovan Tate

12. James Paxton

Matzek and Purke are the best prep LHP. If Ackley isn't there, we should take one of those two with the preference being Matzek. Then we can look at dealing one of the Big Three or even Matzek for a bat in a year or so.

I notice you've flipped a lot between Matzek and Purke. If you don't mind me asking, why the change and how closely do you rate them?

1. Tyler Matzek

2. Matt Purke

3. Zach Wheeler

4. Grant Green

5. Shelby Miller

6. Aaron Crow

7. Tanner Scheppers

8. Mike Leake

9. Alex White

10. Kyle Gibson

11. Donovan Tate

12. James Paxton

WOOOOW! What happen to never taking a pitcher in the 1st round?

I notice you've flipped a lot between Matzek and Purke. If you don't mind me asking, why the change and how closely do you rate them?

Because he wants to like the power arm of Purke, but most of us are a bit higher on Matzek, so in the debate somewhere I think we keep talking him out of Purke ;)

He could flop like Darnell MacDonald did...

but he's got the highest ceiling out there. This draft is filled with uncertainty after Ackley and Strasburg. One team official said "it's going to be one of those drafts where we say to each other 'I won't laugh at your pick if you don't laugh at mine'...."

So you might as well gamble and reach for the stars...

Archived